Intestine Cancer Treatment in India
Intestinal cancer, also identified as the cancer of the digestive system, refers to cancer in the gastrointestinal tract. Intestinal cancer comprises of cancers of the esophagus, gallbladder, liver, pancreas, belly, small intestine, large intestine and rectum. There are five categories of small intestine cancer treatment in India . The kinds of cancer found in the small intestine are Adenocarcinoma, Sarcoma, Carcinoid tumors, gastrointestinal stromal tumor and Lymphoma. Adenocarcinoma, the most common type of small intestine cancer, begins in the lining of the small intestine. Maximum of these tumors befall in the part of the small intestine near the belly. They might grow and block the intestine.
Intestine Cancer Pre-Procedure Requirement
Tests that study the intestine region are used to detect, diagnose and stage intestine cancer. To plan Intestine Cancer treatment in India, it is imperative to know the kind of small intestine cancer and if the lump can be removed by surgery. The following tests and techniques might be used:
- • Physical exam and history: An examination of the body to check general health, including signs of the disease, such as lumps or anything else that seems strange and a history of the patient’s health.
- • Blood studies: Blood sample is tested to measure the quantities of certain substances released into the blood by organs and tissues in the body. A rare amount of a substance can be a sign of ailment in the organ or tissue that creates it.
- • Liver function tests: A process in which a blood sample is tested to measure the quantities of certain elements released into the blood by the liver. A higher than normal amount of an element can be a sign of the disease.
- • Endoscopy: A process to look at organs and tissues inside the body to check for abnormal zones. There are diverse styles of endoscopy.
- • Laparotomy: A surgical process in which an incision (cut) is made in the wall of the belly to check the inside of the belly for signs of disease.
- • Biopsy: The deletion of cells or tissues so they can be tested for cancer.
- • Upper GI series with small bowel follow-through: A series of x-rays of the esophagus, stomach, and small bowel.
- • CT scan (CAT scan): A process that makes a series of detailed images of regions inside the body, taken from diverse angles.
- • MRI: A process that uses a magnet, radio waves and a computer to make a series of detailed photographs of regions inside the body.
Intestine Cancer Surgery Procedure in India
Surgery is the most common treatment for intestinal cancer. Oncologists implement this surgery to confiscate malignant tumors of the small intestine. In some circumstances, Whipple procedure and Palliative process might also be apt. In progressive cases of small intestine cancer, surgery might not be an option as the spread of the disease. Palliative surgery might be executed to relieve symptoms such as pain and nausea caused owing to a tumor blocking the small intestine. Generally, the standard treatment used is Resection and Bypass.
Resection: It is an operation to confiscate part or all of an organ that contains cancer. The resection might include the small intestine and neighboring organs (if the cancer has spread).
Bypass: It is an operation to allow food in the small intestine to bypass a tumor that is blocking the intestine but cannot be removed. Even if the doctor eliminates all the cancer, some patients might be given radiation therapy after the operation to kill the residual cancer cells.
Intestine Cancer Post Procedure Guidance
After the intestinal cancer treatment, the patients will need you to do deep breathing and leg workouts to stop you from getting a chest infection or blood clots in your legs. A drip will be used to give fluids until you are eating and drinking over again and a tube will also be used to drain urine. You will not be permissible to eat or drink for some days to allow the anastomosis to heal. A pipe going to the belly via the nose might be placed for some days. You will steadily be allowed to eat food. You will go home in a few days, contingent on how you are doing. Depending on the report, additional treatment might be necessary. This could embrace radiation therapy or chemotherapy. Make certain to contact your doctor in case of any new symptoms, such as fever, wound drainage, severe pain, weakness, inflammation or infection.
- General Surgery
- Organ Transplant in India
- Ayurvedic Therpies
- Cosmetic Surgery
- ENT Treatment in India
- Weight Loss Surgery
- Anti Aging
- Endocrinology and Diabetes Treatment in India
- Neurology Treatment in Delhi, India
- Oncology Treatment in India
- IVF Treatment in India
- Stem Cell Therapy