- Apollo Gleneagles Hospitals, Kolkata was established in 2003 and is a perfect combination of technological excellence, infrastructure, competent care and warm hospitality.
- It is a joint venture of Apollo Group of Hospitals, India and Parkway Health of Singapore.
- Parkway Group is a leading healthcare group in Asia. It provides more than 70% of private healthcare in Singapore. Its subsidiaries include Parkway Group Healthcare, which owns a network of regional hospitals and medical centres in Malaysia, India and Brunei.
- Apollo Gleneagles hospitals was ranked the best multi-speciality hospital in Kolkata by the THE WEEK-A C Nielsen, Best Hospital Survey 2013.
- Apollo Gleneagles Cancer Hospital has also introduced Novalis TX with Brain LAB, the revolutionary technology in Radiation Therapy (RT). This technology has the advantage of maximizing tumour destruction while minimizing the damage to normal tissues.
- The other important facilities offered include IGRT THERAPY , IMRT THERAPY, Comprehensive Brachytherapy by image 4D-CRT ,Knifeless Surgery of Brain by Radiosurgery, all these for the first time in Eastern India.
- It is the only hospital in Eastern India to be accredited with the Joint Commission International (JCI) accreditation, the international benchmark for quality care.
- Apollo Gleneagles Hospitals, Kolkata has launched India’s first Cellvizio System.
- It has conducted the first ever Reverse Shoulder Prosthesis Replacement in East India.
- It has performed the first successful critical neurosurgery on a child patient suffering from a critical cyst similar to a second head. The eight-month-old child was born with a rare and unheard condition of Encephalomeningocele. This surgery was the first of its kind in the entire country.
- Apollo Gleneaagles are the first in Eastern India to organise a live workshop on CARTO or Electrophysiology Mapping Technique.
- They are also recognised for being performing the first ever cadaver transplant in Eastern India.
Apollo Gleneagles Hospital ,Kolkata
58, Canal Circular Road, Kadapara
- The ophthalmologic department has a well-trained clinical excellence team, which has successfully carried out over 1000 eye surgeries within the first year of its inception.
- The oncology department has one of the most advanced treatment options available,Novalis Tx radiosurgery & radiotherapy.
- They have a 100 bedded cancer unit including, 50 bedded surgical unit in the main hospital.
West Bengal, India