- Established in 1983.
- One of the best hospitals for heart care in India.
- First Indian hospital to introduce techniques in coronary angioplasty, stereotactic radiotherapy and radio-surgery (for brain tumours).
- Major specialties includes Heart, Cancer, Bones, Joints & Spine, Organ Transplants, Neurology, Gastro & Colorectal, Bariatric Surgery, Gynaecology & Infertility and Ophthalmology.
- First Indian hospital to be awarded the IS0 9001 and ISO 14001 certifications.
- First hospital in South India to be accredited by the Joint Commission International USA and subsequently reaccredited 4 times.
- Declared as the ‘Centre of Excellence’ by the Government of India.
- Voted several times as the “Best Private Sector Hospital in India” by The Week magazine.
- Bagged the top 2 positions in the All India Multispecialty Hospital Survey 2016 conducted by Times Health.
- NABH and JCI Accredited
Apollo Hospitals, Greams Road, Chennai
- The hospital houses 60 departments spearheaded by internationally trained and skillful medical experts.
- For the first time in India, ‘Only Pancreas’ transplant was successfully performed in Apollo Hospital.
- The hospital has also successfully performed Asia’s first en-bloc combined heart & liver transplant attaining a remarkable achievement in the global healthcare space.
- Receives over 10,000 pharmacy walk-ins, 2200 admissions, and over 3000 emergency cases daily.
- Doctors and staff perform numerous services including 800 CT scans, 400 MRIs, 40 Cardiac Surgeries, 700 Dialysis procedures, and 3-4 organ transplants per day.
Tamil Nadu, India