Medical tourism in India is moving on a skyward scale. It, therefore, is essential that one should be conscious about the imperative medical legal guideline so that the requisite and interest of the individuals eyeing for health care in India must be met. The Indian Government has formulated a number of frameworks comprising of medical legal guidelines. If there is any issue or the treatment done is not agreeable, there is no legal remedy for patients in the global boundaries. Patients and their attendants must be well-aware of all the legal rules and medical concerns that are involved as there can be a case of improbability in medical treatments and processes.
Present scenario of medical visa in IndiaA medical visa is issued by the government of India to every medical traveler. This visa can be stretched over for over one year. A patient who gets this extension, he or she can visit India on medical tour in India, three times in a year, together with an attendant who can be a friend or any relative.
Validity of visa and the extension of visaIn the beginning, a visa is valid for the period of the treatment or for a span of a year, whichever is less. This can be extended further for a year by the FRROs or the State Government if the patients show the medical documentation or if the same is recommended by recognized/reputed/specialized medical institutions in India. If extension is required after this also, the Ministry of Affairs has the power to do this on reference of FRROs or the State Government, supported by accurate medical papers. This type of a visa is valid for a maximum of 3 visits to India in span of one year. Permission for one additional entry can also be given by FRRO/the State Government in the case of emergency circumstances. Following are the events and the conditions for which one can apply for a medical visa to India:
- 1. The Indian Posts/Mission can scrutinize the medical papers in a vigilant manner to feel gratified to look for the genuine reasons for which the medical treatment visa is being applied.
- 2. The Mission might also be satisfied that the applicant (patient) has sought preliminary medical assistance in the country of his residence or nation of origin and has been asked to seek special medical treatment. If any foreign national is keen on treatment via Indian system of medicines, that is also possible.
- 3. This type of visa must be granted for getting medical aid only at reputable/specialized/recognized hospitals in India. Though the following list is not complete, but these can be some of the sicknesses such as ophthalmic disorders, renal disorders, neuro – surgery, joint replacement, plastic surgery, organ transplant, etc. The key idea is that the mission must be satisfied that the foreign national is in a serious requisite of medical treatment in India.
Medical guidelinesFollowing are some significant medical guidelines to be kept in mind by every visitor so as to avoid any problem in medical treatment or procedure:
- 1. Firstly, you must make certain that the hospital in India that you are visiting is authorized or not. It should have recognition from a Joint Commission International, a commission or any international healthcare auditing agency. The quality and the cost of the patient care are two other chief contemplations.
- 2. Then, try to gather all the vital details about the doctors at the hospital before you choose them. Look up for their qualifications, credentials and accomplishments. Internet makes things easier.
- 3. Another imperative thing is that the patient should be well cognizant about the treatment and process that you are seeking so that your anticipations from the surgery are realistic. He or she must also have knowledge about physical therapy, period of retrieval and post-surgery care.
- 4. Do not forget to meet your doctor before the processes begin. Before anything, detailed personal examination and assessments of the patients are done by maximum of the hospitals, before carrying out any medical process. There is also a possibility that the doctor may not contemplate you fit for the treatment and may also recommend another treatment after the diagnosis.
- 5. Make a file or a folder of all the essential documents accompanied by their photocopy. Keep the originals at a secure place.
- 6. Make another file of all the medical reports, and health records such as health history, X-rays, photograph, scans, MRI’s immunization records, etc., that are related to the medical process.
- 7. Make certain you have your Visa and Passport, accompanied by other things like travelers’ check, credit cards, debit cards, and obviously, some local currency as well.
- 8. Carrying your driver’s license, which is valid till the time of your travel, is also indispensable.
- General Surgery
- Nephrology Treatment in Delhi, India
- Organ Transplant Hospitals in Delhi, India
- Gastroenterology Treatment in Delhi, India
- Ayurvedic Therpies
- Urology Treatment in Delhi, India
- Cosmetic Surgery Treatment in Delhi NCR, India
- Orthopaedic Surgery in Delhi, India
- ENT Treatment in Delhi NCR, India
- Weight Loss Surgery in Delhi, India
- Best Anti Ageing Treatment in Delhi NCR, India
- Diabetes Treatment in Delhi, India
- Neurology Hospital in Delhi, India
- Oncology Treatment in Delhi, India
- IVF Treatment in Delhi, India
- Best Cardiology Treatment Hospital in Delhi NCR, India
- Stem Cell Therapy in Delhi, India