PDA (Patent Ductus Arteriosus) Ligation Treatment in India
Patent Ductus Arteriosus (PDA) is a heart problem that generally occurs soon after the birth of some babies. In this menace, an abnormal blood flow takes place between the two of the major arteries connected to the heart. If the baby is born with condition of PDA, no need to worry. PDA ligation treatment in India is offered by the best hospitals under the supervision of doctors. We have best doctors who are specialist to treat PDA. Some children need quick treatment to close their PDAs. If your child’s breathing behavior is uncommon, you need to seek out doctors. The health tourism services for PDA Ligation Treatment offers the best hospitals and superb surgeons who are well versed at their subject matter.
Symptoms PDA may include:
- rapid breathing
- heavy breathing
- congested breathing
- disinterest in feeding, or tiring while feeding
- poor weight gain
Diagnosis of PDA
The doctor might tell you that your child has PDA based on the child’s heartbeat. PDA can cause heart to murmur which is quiet evidently clear on the stethoscope. If the doctor suspects a heart defect, he or she might suggest you to get one or more of the following tests:
- Sound waves produce images of the heart which can help the doctor identify a PDA. It is visible since, the heart chambers are enlarged in that case, and also the ability of a doctor to judge how well the heart is pumping. The tests also help the doctor evaluate the heart valves and detect all the potential heart defects.
- Chest X-ray.An X-ray image suggest that the doctor see the condition of the baby’s heart and lungs. It might reveal conditions different from a heart defect.
- The tests record the electrical activity of the heart, this can greatly help the doctor in diagnosing heart defects or any kind of rhythm problems.
- Cardiac catheterization.This test isn’t usually necessary in diagnosing a PDA alone, but it can prove beneficial in examining congenital heart defects which are found during an echocardiogram.
- In case of a catheter procedure, it is imperative to treat a PDA. A thin, flexible tube (catheter) is inserted into the blood vessel at your or your child’s groin. The arm is guided through it into the heart. It is highly possible that the doctor may be able to perform the procedure to close the patent Ductus Arteriosus. PDA ligation treatment in Delhi is offered by adept professionals who are well versed and know their job well.
Treatment of PDA (Patent Ductus Arteriosus)
- Watchful waiting – PDA often closes on its own. The doctor is going to keep your baby under observation. Children and adults who have PDA and is not bothering, a mere monitoring could suffice.
- Medications – it comes later in the cycle and there are specific medicines that help, since monitoring might not always suffice. Medicines like ibuprofen, indomethacin are some of the most common ones.
- In case the medication isn’t much effective and the child’s condition doesn’t seem to improve, you might want to consult a surgeon and get a surgical treatment done.
Patent Ductus Arteriosus is the sixth most common congenital heart defect, occurring in 6 to 11 percent of all children with congenital heart disease. As per the research, it disease occurs twice as often in girls as in boys. PDA Ligation treatment in Delhi is handled under supervision of experts and surgeons who hold prowess at handling this typically crucial treatment. If any members in your family is suffering from the disease, consult Viezec, it is a reputed health tourism service for PDA Ligation Treatment as it will help you get the best hospital in India.
The consultant service offered by Viezec helps you to choose the hospital, which has exceptional team of doctors to perform complex heart surgeries. If any member of your family is suffering from PDA, contact Viezec. It will help you choose the best hospitals filled in with reputed doctors. Viezec is committed to help patients from all over the globe with a translator, visa assistance, accommodation, and all the other things that can turn the whole experience of medical treatment into a pleasant one.
Viezec doesn’t assist the patient only till the procedure is under progress, but ensures that the care is taken post the procedure as well.