What is TOF (Tetralogy of Fallot)?
Tetralogy of Fallot is a heart defect which is present by birth. The four related heart defects changes the blood flow to the lungs and through the heart. TOF is repaired through the open-heart surgery procedure. TOF surgery in India is done on babies. The ones treated show visible improvement in condition and start to do better. The one drawback that follows is the need for regular visits and follow ups by doctors or heart specialists.
What happens in case of Tetralogy of Fallot (TOF)?
In most of the cases, it is observed that TOF occurs when too little blood goes to the lungs. The low-oxygen (blue) blood then circulates to the rest of the body and only a little bit of oxygen reached the body tissues. Babies that suffer from TOF have cyanosis, it is a blue purplish tint on the skin, lips and fingernails. TOF surgery in Delhi with the best surgeons is sure to improve the condition of babies.
It is said that if the correct treatment of Tetralogy of Fallot, TOF surgery hospital in India is not provided, a child may suffer from the following:
• Blood oxygen may become low
• High pressure on the right side of the heart.
• Infection of the inner layer of the heart.
What are the signs of Tetralogy of Fallot (TOF)
Cyanosis is first and foremost sign which is common as compared to others. In healthy babies it is observed that bluish tinge of skin around the mouth and eyes is prominent and major reason for the TOF. The lips, tongue, and veins under the skin looks pale and blue. Health tourism services for TOF surgery is sure to offer best service and treatment by reputed and renowned panelists or doctors and surgeons from best TOF surgery hospitals in India.
The signs of TOF are:
• heart murmur
• difficulty breathing
• tiring easily
• rapid heartbeat (palpitations)
• “clubbing,” where the skin or bones around the tips of fingers are widened or rounded.
Symptoms TOF (Total Correction: four abnormality correction)
• Difficult feeding (poor feeding habits)
• Failure to gain weight
• Poor development
• Cyanosis which becomes more pronounced during periods of agitation
• Passing out
• Sudden death
• Clubbing of fingers (skin or bone enlargement around the finger nails)
• Squatting during episodes of cyanosis
How is TOF diagnosed?
Doctors might perform several tests and resort to various ways to understand what exactly is happening with the baby. To gain better insight a TOF Surgery hospital in India will perform the following:
• Plus oximeter: A sensor that clips onto the fingertip, toe, or ear and measures the amount of oxygen that is present in the blood. In newborn nurseries, the babies have a pulse oximeter which ensures normal oxygen level in them before them heading home.
• EKG – Test that records electrical activity of the heart.
• Echo – it is the ultrasound picture of the heart which records the motion of the blood through the heart and measure the speed direction and blood flow.
• Cardiac Catherization – thin, flexible tube which is called a catheter is inserted in the heart. It provides information on the heart condition and also the blood oxygen levels and blood pressure.
Low Cost TOF (Total Correction: four abnormality correction) in India
Low cost TOF (Total Correction: four abnormality correction) in India. Sometimes, kids take birth with abnormal heart. One of the common heart problems among infants are Tetralogy of Fallot (TOF), which is a cardiac anomaly that refers to a combination of four related heart problem that commonly happen together. The four defects include Ventricular septal defect (VSD), Overriding aorta,pulmonary stenosis and Right ventricular hypertrophy. The treatment of Tetralogy of Fallot (TOF) is easy and cost effective in India. In fact, success rate is also very high here so people from all over the world approach Indian hospitals.
If anyone experince above mentioned symptoms, he/she need immediate medication attention. Viezec, a reputed medical consultant in India, is also very helpful in searching a reputed and known hospital in India. In addition, it also helps in booking accommodation and managing medical tourism in India.