What Are Adenoids?
Adenoids are essentially a mass of tissue which accompanied with your tonsils, help in keeping you healthy and fit with trapping harmful germs. The germs essentially pass through the nose or mouth. Your adenoids also produce antibodies which help in fighting infections. The only difference being you can’t see adenoids like you can see tonsils. A doctor uses a small mirror or a special instrument with the help of a light to witness the adenoids with naked eyes. This is one infection which gets better with age, since your body is ready to fight with the infection better. Adenoidectomy surgery in India is offered by network of hospitals.
Types of ENT Surgery Treatment
- Maxillary Antral – Sinus Washout
What Is Adenoiditis?
Adenoids help with filtering out germs from the body, they can get overwhelming by bacteria and may also become infected. When this happens they can get swollen and also lead to inflammation. This condition is called adenoiditis. Adenoidectomy surgery in Delhi is conducted and most commonly seen to affect children, in rare cases it may affect adults as well.
What are the symptoms of Adenoiditis?
The symptoms that have been confirmed by Adenoidectomy surgery hospital in India are:
- Sore throat
- Swollen glands
- Stuffy nose
- Pain in the ear and other related ear problems.
Stuffy nose can also cause breathing difficulty which can pose as a challenge. There are some other symptoms that persist as well:
- Breathing through mouth
- Speaking with nasal sound
- Snoring and sleep apnea
What is Adenoidectomy?
Adenoidectomy is a surgical exclusion which includes damage of breathing through the nose, recurring earaches, or chronic infections. It is less implemented in adults and mostly done on active kids. Under general anesthesia it can be done with no issues or problems at all. Health tourism services for Adenoidectomy surgery is handled adeptly by the team of doctors in highly reputed and functional hospitals.
What happens during the Adenoidectomy surgery?
The adenoidectomy surgery in India is performed by surgeons and doctors who are well specialized with functioning of ear, nose, and throat. Most patients that follow the procedure, are expected to undergo surgical procedure and be monitored for surgical treatment. The doctor can provide you specific understanding and instructions which are sure to help on the basis of child’s particular health needs.
How to recover from Adenoidectomy?
Post the surgery you will witness dizziness and nausea in your children. The effect of anesthesia completely wears off with passing time. Here are some of the symptoms you are sure to experience within a week of surgery:
- Sore Throat – From one week to ten days your child may complaint of sore throat. This can cause a great deal of discomfort in eating and following the procedures.
- Fever– Your child may suffer from low fever for a few days post the surgery. The fever might shoot up than 102 F, in such a case, there is great need to call for a doctor. Lethargy, nausea, vomiting, headache are normal symptoms and sure to affect the patients.
- Mouth Breathing– Mouth breathing gets affected, snoring occurs post-surgery which can cause swelling of throat. Breathing should get back to normal once the swelling subsides. This usually goes back to normal post the surgical treatment within 10 to 14 days. The medical condition requires doctors attention if necessary.
- Pain – Throat and ear pain are normal and may follow post the surgery. The doctor must prescribe medicine to help with easing pain.
- Scabs in the mouth– White scabs which are thick helps with tonsils, adenoids and tonsils are removed well in time. Within 10 days the scabs would fall off and this is normal phenomenon and sure to occur. The scabs can cause bad breath and hence is asked to not pick on these.
Viezec is one of the most reputed and superlative medical service providers across the globe, provides health tourism service for Adenoidectomy surgery to patients who are eyeing for low cost Adenoidectomy surgery treatment in India. We have the finest cosmetic surgeons on board in association with world-class top hospitals in India. Our aim is to guarantee 100 percent customer gratification by rendering top-quality surgery facilities at reasonable costs.