Cranioplasty Surgery in India
Neurology is a branch of medical science that works and specializes with the nervous system. The branch deals with diagnosis and prevention of the medical conditions and sickness which is related to the nervous system. The neuro system predominantly deals with central nervous system, peripheral nervous system, and autonomous nervous system. The medicine and neurosurgery treatment analysis is determined by the stage of the disease and condition of particular ailment. Cranioplasty Surgery in Hospitals of India ensure the best surgery procedure is extended.
Types of Neurosurgery Surgery Treatment
- Carotid endarterectomy
- Brachial Plexus Surgery
- Cerebrovascular Disease
- Microsurgical Discectomy
- Peripheral Nerve Surgery
What is Cranioplasty Surgery?
Cranioplasty is a surgical restoration of a deficiency or deformity of a skull. Cranioplasty surgery in India is virtually as ancient as trepanation. There is evidence that Incan and Muisca surgeons were carrying out cranioplasty using precious metals and gourds. A cranioplasty is basically a surgical process to rectify a deformity or imperfection of the skull and it is typically implemented following a traumatic injury to the skull or after any preceding brain surgery such as a craniotomy or craniectomy. Viezec is one of the supreme medical service provider that offers its services across the world for patients who desire to avail low-cost neurology treatment in India. We have the best surgeons on our side in association with world-class top hospitals in India. Our goal is to guarantee 100% customer satisfaction by rendering top-quality neurology treatments at reasonable costs.
Diagnosis for Cranioplasty
Cranioplasty surgery hospital in India diagnose the ailment and administer the treatment:
- To repair the skull or correct any deformity post the traumatic injury or medical procedure.
- Correct any problem of the skull
- Cosmetic appearance alterations
- To help improve and better the neurological function in some patient
- The consultant will take you through a detailed description and help you understand better about your procedure and note down the complete past and present medical history
- Perform comprehensive medical evaluation and scans
- Inform the consultant whether you suffer from any health problems, inclusive of blood clotting conditions. You may also inform if you are using any blood thinners or any kind of anti-inflammatory drugs
- If you suffer from any allergies to any of the medications
Cranioplasty surgery in Delhi is often carried out by experts to ensure the best service and medical treatment is provided to the patients.
- General anesthesia is administered to patient
- The incision area is made free from hair, it its thoroughly cleaned and shaved
- The incision is done so that its exposes the bone and the bone is finally gotten rid off, to allow reshaping and reattachment
- The surrounding part of the bone edges are thoroughly cleaned and treated to improve grafting
- The bone or substitute of the bone is well attached to the skull utilizing special plates and screws
- The skin is then shut close in the surrounding skull utilizes fine sutures.
After procedure care
- Monitoring of vitals
- Most of the cranioplasty patients usually spend about 2-3 days in the hospital
- The area that was operated upon will be bandaged and some drains will be used to release fluids
- Occasionally external fixators are required which helps with positioning the skull as it heals
- You may experience headaches and you might even have to take some pain relief pills to make you comfortable
- You may experience a urinary catheter
- Before you are discharged from the hospital, you will be asked to get a CT scan done of your head
- The sutures may usually be removed within a week
- Normal activities might be resumed within 2-3 weeks, the head is well protected from accidental impacts
Complications of Cranioplasty surgery in Delhi
Cranioplasty is carried out with no complications, however, if it is administered properly and at the speculated and proper time with utilizing aseptic techniques, then good results can be achieved. Complications that are involved in this procedure are inclusive of:
- Nerve damage
- Brain damage
- Blood clots
Factors that affect the Cost of Cranioplasty surgery in India
The cost depends on the following factors:
- The hospital that the patient chooses for treatment.
- Fee that the hospital charges for the team of specialists
- Cost of Standard test and diagnostic procedures
- Cost of medicines and the cost of overall graft.
- Cost of the follow–up care which is a must post the Cranioplasty treatment.
- General Surgery
- Nephrology Treatment in Delhi, India
- Organ Transplant Hospitals in Delhi, India
- Gastroenterology Treatment in Delhi, India
- Ayurvedic Therpies
- Urology Treatment in Delhi, India
- Cosmetic Surgery Treatment in Delhi NCR, India
- Orthopaedic Surgery in Delhi, India
- ENT Treatment in Delhi NCR, India
- Weight Loss Surgery in Delhi, India
- Best Anti Ageing Treatment in Delhi NCR, India
- Diabetes Treatment in Delhi, India
- Neurology Hospital in Delhi, India
- Oncology Treatment in Delhi, India
- IVF Treatment in Delhi, India
- Best Cardiology Treatment Hospital in Delhi NCR, India
- Stem Cell Therapy Centre in Delhi, India