Decompressive Craniectomy Surgery
Earlier there were some health conditions such as traumatic brain injury and stroke, which were hard to treat or had no treatment at all. But with the passage of time and the development in the healthcare industry, the treatment of these diseases have now risen and being widely used on patients, hence it has been improving the medical condition and treatment facility in India. Decompressive Craniectomy Surgery in India is a neurosurgical procedure in which part of the skull is separated to allow a swelling brain room to expand without being squeezed. This procedure is perfect for people with traumatic brain injury and stroke. Indian healthcare research centers and hospitals are perfect to carry out the procedure at cost effective rates. Apart from the latest equipment and machines, doctors and other supporting staffs are also technically skilled.
Decompressive Craniectomy procedure
During the surgery, the doctor removes a portion of the skull, this part is the on that has been the reason for trouble and has been causing pressure on the skull. This is usually the injured part of the brain.
The surgery is administered only under the influence of general anesthesia, which essentially means that the patient will be asleep during the procedure, and will have no memory of it.
A Decompressive Craniectomy Surgery In India starts with a minor cut in the scalp. The surgeon then peels the skin and the tissue lying underneath it to expose the skull. Since, the skull is a hard bone, the doctor utilizes a drill, and a bone saw which is then broken down into pieces.
Once the part is removed, the bleeding is stopped first and only then any further action is administered upon. Post the surgery, the bone which is taken from the skull is usually stored in a freezer.
Why would you need to undergo the surgery?
The most common reasons for a patient to undergo Decompressive Craniectomy Surgery In Delhi are:
- In case of a brain injury which is usually due to the physical force. It can occur post the experience which results in a sharp pain beneath the head. The brain swelling occurs immediately in this case.
- In some cases strokes may also become the reason for brain swelling. The rise in blood pressure caused during stroke is majorly the major reason for resorting to this treatment method.
Decompressive craniectomy is normally the last resort
The Decompressive Craniectomy Surgery Hospital in India affirms the fact that brain surgery can be fatal and dangerous, hence medical service providers start with the nonsurgical measures first. These treatments are well inclusive of:
- Medication to help decrease the swelling
- Oxygen therapy
- Body temperature lowering.
In some cases, the doctor may try a surgery which is minimally less invasive and is called a ventriculostomy, this is a condition in which brain is drained of cerebrospinal fluid which then causes decrease in the pressure.
People who undergo a Decompressive Craniectomy surgery in Delhi, India are already under critical condition which affects due to a brain injury or a stroke of some kind. Most people would prefer spending time in the special care facility which is the intensive care unit (ICU).
Some people may even be left unconscious for several days or it may stretch to weeks as well. Some may even stay in state of coma for undefined time. A surgeon would sometimes go out to remove the brain cast which had been affecting the whole and overall procedure level to many folds.
How long do people stay in the hospital?
The duration of patient’s stay in the hospital is dependant on the severity and level of surgery. It can take months, or even years, to get better from the surgery and heal the injury. A person who suffers from a decompressive Craniectomy issue will need to be under constant monitoring for the additional signs of brain swelling, and for any and all signs of infection. Extensive rehabilitation will help the people regain the brain function as much as possible.
The surgeon working with the patient would be the best judge to suggest whether or not more time must be given to the patient to heal, or if he is ready to go home.
Viezec, a medical tourism service provider is the one offering the best medical facility in association with superlative and prominent hospitals and doctors from reputed institutions. The doctors work on your specific condition to offer you the best treatment. Our work is to ensure you have the best medical facility along with a comfortable accommodation (in case you are an outstation patient) all in a budget friendly price and under cost-effective structure.
Ask Your Query
- General Surgery
- Nephrology Treatment in Delhi, India
- Organ Transplant Hospitals in Delhi, India
- Gastroenterology Treatment in Delhi, India
- Ayurvedic Therpies
- Urology Treatment in Delhi, India
- Cosmetic Surgery Treatment in Delhi NCR, India
- Orthopaedic Surgery in Delhi, India
- ENT Treatment in Delhi NCR, India
- Weight Loss Surgery in Delhi, India
- Best Anti Ageing Treatment in Delhi NCR, India
- Diabetes Treatment in Delhi, India
- Neurology Hospital in Delhi, India
- Oncology Treatment in Delhi, India
- IVF Treatment in Delhi, India
- Best Cardiology Treatment Hospital in Delhi NCR, India
- Stem Cell Therapy Centre in Delhi, India