Intestine Cancer Treatment in India
Intestinal cancer, also identified as the cancer of the digestive system, refers to cancer in the gastrointestinal tract. An Intestinal cancer comprises of cancers of the esophagus, gallbladder, liver, pancreas, belly, small intestine, large intestine and rectum. There are five categories of small intestine cancer treatment in India. The five cancers are namely – Adenocarcinoma, Sarcoma, Carcinoid tumors, gastrointestinal stromal tumor and Lymphoma.
Adenocarcinoma, the most common type of small intestine cancer, it resides in the lining of the small intestine. Maximum of these tumors befall in the part of the small intestine near the belly. These cancers have the capability to regrow if not taken care of at the right time.
Intestine Cancer Pre-Procedure Requirement
There are tests that study the intestine region and are utilized to detect, diagnose and stage intestine cancer. To plan an Intestine Cancer treatment in Delhi NCR, India, it is imperative that you understand the kind of cancer you will be dealing with and if the lump can be removed by surgery. The following tests and techniques might be used:
- Physical Examination and History: An examination of the body that incorporate a general health check-up, including signs of disease, such as lumps or anything else that seems strange. Also includes judging the history of the patient’s health.
- Blood Sample Studies: Blood sample is tested out to measure the quantities of certain substances released into the blood by organs and tissues in the body.
- Liver Function Tests: A process in which the blood sample is tested out to assess the quantities of certain elements released in the blood by the liver. If the amount of the element is higher than normal that could be a sign of an impending disease.
- Endoscopy: A process to look at the organs and tissues inside the body to check for any abnormal zones. This style of endoscopy is vast and widely used.
- Biopsy: It is the procedure of removal of cells or tissues to test out for cancer and any underlying disease.
- Upper GI Series with Small Bowel Follow-through: X-ray of esophagus, stomach, and small bowel to judge the condition of them.
- CT Scan (CAT scan): Detailed images of regions that reside inside the body and is taken from diverse angles.
- MRI: A process that uses a magnet, radio waves and a computer to make a series of detailed photographs of regions inside the body.
Intestine Cancer Treatment in Delhi NCR utilizes the best of practices to take care of one and all details involved with the cancer treatment.
Intestine Cancer Hospitals in India & Procedure
Surgery is the most common treatment for intestinal cancer. Oncologists implement this surgery to confiscate malignant tumors of the small intestine. In some circumstances, Whipple procedure and Palliative process might also be opted to treat an impending intestinal cancer. In progressive cases of small intestine cancer, surgery might not be an option as the spread of the disease has surpassed the level and now can’t be tamed. Palliative surgery might be executed to relieve symptoms such as pain and nausea caused owing to a tumor blocking the small intestine. Generally, the standard treatment used is Resection and Bypass. Intestine cancer Hospitals in India employ the best team of doctors and staff
Resection: It is an operation to confiscate a part or all of the organ that contains cancer. The resection might include the small intestine and neighboring organs, in case the cancer has spread.
Bypass: It is an operation to allow the food in the small intestine to bypass a tumor that had been blocking the intestine’s path, but cannot be removed. Even if the doctor eliminates all the cancer, some patients might be given radiation therapy after the operation to kill the residual cancer cells.
Intestine Cancer Post Procedure Guidance
After the intestinal cancer treatment, the patients are required to indulge in deep breathing and leg workouts to stop them from getting any chest infection or blood clots in their legs. A drip will be used to give fluids until you are eating and drinking over again and a tube will also be used to drain urine. You will not be allowed to eat or drink for some days to allow the anastomosis to heal. A pipe going to the belly via the nose might be placed for some days. You will steadily be allowed to eat food. You will go home in a few days, contingent on how you are doing. Depending on the report, additional treatment might also be necessary. Be certain to contact your doctor in case of any new symptoms, such as fever, wound drainage, severe pain, weakness, inflammation or infection.
When you trust Viezec as your medical consultant, we ensure you the best of treatment possible for your particular health condition. We ensure your health is not only improved but is stable after the procedure as well. We have a network of Intestine Cancer hospitals in Delhi NCR who are adept at their work.