Prostate Cancer treatments in New Delhi, India
Super specialty hospitals and research institutes in India provide superior quality prostate cancer treatment in Delhi and the other parts of the country. The technical advancements and high level of prostate cancer treatment in India that has assisted a number of patients in fighting back cancer effectively are offered here. Also known as Carcinoma of the prostate, Prostate Cancer develops in the prostate, a part of a reproductive organ which assists to make and store the seminal fluid. Due to the location, the disease sometimes show its affects during urination, ejaculation, and sometimes defecation. Prostate cancer Hospitals in Delhi NCR are well equipped with the latest machines and expert teams to treat this cancer and other as well.
The main signs and symptoms of the disease
- Difficulty passing urine
- Unable to urinate
- Change in urination habit
- Weak or interrupted urine flow
- Pain when urinating
- Blood in the urine
- Pain in the lower back, hips and upper thighs
It is advised to invest time in learning more about the available prostate treatment options you must be sure to ask questions if something is unclear. Talk with your doctor about the goals of your treatment and your understanding of it, the likelihood that the treatment will work, and the possible sexual, urinary, bowel, and all the hormonal side effects of the treatment. Men must also consider how the health tourism services for prostate cancer affects the recurrence, survival, and quality of life. Additionally, the success of any treatment generally depends on the skill and the professional expertise of the physician and the surgeon, hence it is important to find doctors who have experience prostate cancer treatment in India. This specific type of discussion with your doctor is called shared decision making, which means the doctor and you indulge in deep thought processing, to finalize a fitting treatment for the specific ailment.
Treatment of Prostate Cancer
Early-stage prostate cancer (stages I and II). Early-stage prostate cancer usually develops at a very pace it may even take years to form any symptom or any other health related problem, if it ever does at all. As a result of all the symptoms, active surveillance is recommended and advised to keep a watch on the patient’s condition. Radiation therapy (external-beam or brachytherapy) or surgery may also be suggested, as well as clinical trials also prevail. For men that show a high Gleason score, the cancer may be faster growing, and radical prostatectomy (see “Surgery” below) and radiation therapy are often appropriate. Your doctor will consider the age and general health of the patient suffering before recommending any treatment option.
Advanced prostate cancer (stage III). Men that show symptoms of locally advanced prostate cancer and further choose not to undergo any surgery should not have systemic therapy with either ADT or chemotherapy before surgery. Men with locally advanced prostate cancer who choose radiation therapy should receive ADT as the standard care.
- Radical (open) prostatectomy.A radical prostatectomy is the surgical removal of an entire prostate and the seminal vesicles. Lymph nodes in the pelvic area can also be removed in some cases. The operation also comes with the risk of affecting sexual functioning. Orgasm and sexual functioning is not affected post-surgery although some nerves are cut this is because these are 2 separate processes. To help resume normal sexual function, the men may resort to drugs, and related penile implants, or injections. It may also be the case that another surgery can fix the urinary incontinence.
- Robotic or laparoscopic The specific type of surgery which is possibly much less invasive than any radical prostatectomy and also can shorten the recovery time. An instrument and camera is inserted through a small keyhole incision in the abdomen of patient. The surgeon then directs the robotic instrument and removes the prostate gland also some of the surrounding healthy tissue. Have a word with your doctor and decide whether your treatment center offers this procedure or how it compares with the results of the radical (open) prostatectomy.
- Bilateral orchiectomy.Bilateral orchiectomy is surgical removal of both the testicles.
How Viezec helps with the treatment?
When you get in touch with Viezec you can be relieved that you will be offered airport pick up and also consultation with the best surgeon and doctors.
Understanding that International Patients looking for treatment in India have special needs and requirements, we ensure treatment at the best hospitals and accommodation within the budget. In order to provide a highly specialized and cost effective service, we offer smooth patient services of world-class quality.