Throat Cancer Treatment in India
Throat cancer refers to malignant tumors that develop in your throat (pharynx), voice box (larynx) or tonsils. Maximum throat cancers are squamous cell carcinomas. This means they develop in the squamous cells that line the throat. The key risk factors for throat cancer are smoking or using smokeless tobacco and use of alcohol. Indications of throat cancer are trouble breathing or speaking, recurrent headaches, pain or ringing in the ears, trouble swallowing and ear pain. You can lessen your risk of throat cancer by not smoking, not chewing tobacco and controlling alcohol use.
Throat Cancer Pre-Procedure Requirement
Diverse methods are used to obtain tissue for a biopsy, contingent on the location of the tumor. Some of the methods are conventional incisional biopsy, fine-needle-aspiration biopsy (FNA) and Endoscopy.
- Imaging tests have to be done, which might include: CT or CAT scans, PET scans, MRI scans, Chest and dental X-rays.
- Set of X-rays of the esophagus and belly might be used to look for cancer and find out how well you swallow.
- Laryngeal video stroboscopy is essential that lets the doctor delve into the larynx and see how well you swallow.
Throat Cancer Surgery Procedure
The treatment will depend on the type of cancer and how far it has spread. Minimally invasive endoscopic surgery is a new technique that confiscates the entire tumor via the mouth, without incisions and little or no alteration in speech and swallowing. Other techniques that can be employed are Transoral Laser Microsurgery (TLM), Transoral Robotic Surgery (TORS) and Supracricoid Partial Laryngectomy. Surgery for initial stage throat cancer is bound to the throat surface or the vocal cords. There are surgeries to eliminate all or portion of the voice box called Laryngectomy and Pharyngectomy to confiscate all or part of the throat. Surgery is the favored treatment for initial stage throat cancer treatment in India. For progressive stage or recurrent throat cancer, we might combine surgery with other forms of treatment such as radiation therapy and chemotherapy.
Throat Cancer Post Procedure Guidance
Throat cancer and its treatment can make it challenging to swallow, talk and breathe. Your health care provider will help you get back to normality at the earliest. Rehabilitation depends on the gradation of the disease and type of treatment. After surgery or radiation therapy, your health care counselor can teach you workouts that help release your stiff neck and shoulder muscles. You will have to go for consistent checkups (such as every two months) to ensure that any vicissitudes in your health are noted and taken care of. Examinations might include a physical exam, blood tests, a chest x-ray, a CT scan, or an MRI. The cancer might return after the treatment. Hence, your doctor needs to track the return of the cancer. Individuals who have had a history of throat cancer need to stop the consumption of tobacco and alcohol to cut down the risk of a new cancer.
- General Surgery
- Organ Transplant Hospitals in Delhi, India
- Ayurvedic Therpies
- Cosmetic Surgery Treatment in Delhi NCR, India
- Orthopaedic Surgery in Delhi, India
- ENT Treatment in Delhi NCR, India
- Weight Loss Surgery in Delhi, India
- Best Anti Ageing Treatment in Delhi NCR, India
- Diabetes Treatment in Delhi, India
- Neurology Hospital in Delhi, India
- Oncology Treatment in Delhi, India
- IVF Treatment in India
- Best Cardiology Treatment Hospital in Delhi NCR, India
- Stem Cell Therapy in Delhi, India