Retinal Detachment is an emergency situation which involves pulling away a thin layer of tissue (the retina) at the back of the eye from the usual place. Retinal detachment treatment in India ensures that the retinal cell is separated from the layer of blood vessels that pumps oxygen and nourishment. One must get the condition treated on time, before the whole thing worsens. Since, delay may also lead to total vision loss.
Types of Eye Surgery Treatment
- Intraocular Lens Implant Surgery
- Cataract and Glaucoma
- Childhood Visual Pathway Glioma
- Central Retinal Vein Occlusion
- Lamellar Keratoplasty
- Corneal Transplantation
- Scleral Buckling Surgery
- Canalicular Tear Repair
- Squint Repair Unilateral
- Retinal Detachment
What is Retinal Detachment?
Retinal detachment repair is an eye surgery that takes place to push back retina into its usual position. The retina is a light-sensitive tissue in the back of the eye. Detachment means that it has dragged away from the layers of tissues around it. Maximum retinal detachment repair operations are serious. A detached retina does not get an apt supply of oxygen. This causes the cells in the area to expire, which can at times result in blindness.
Retinal detachment is a painless procedure. But there are some warning signs that almost appear always prior to the procedure, Retinal detachment treatment in India highlight them, they are:
- Floaters appearance, you may suddenly see a tiny packs that seem to move away into the vision field.
- Photopsia is another sign of the condition, in this flashes of light in one or both eyes appear.
- Vision blurring
- Gradual reduction in vision peripheral vision.
- A shadow that appears to be curtain like.
When should you get doctor’s assistance?
It is advised that you must seek Retinal Detachment treatment in Delhi immediately if you experience any or all of the signs and symptoms mentioned above. It is good to take help at the right time and not delay to wait for the situation to get worse.
What may cause the ailment?
Retinal Detachment Hospital in India offer three types of retinal detachment:
- Rhegmatogenous – This is a most common variant. A hole or a tear is made in the retina that ensures the fluid passes through and gets collected underneath the retina. The gel like material is filled inside the eye to cure the ailment.
- Traditional – The detachment occurs when the scar tissue extends on the surface of retina. This causes the retina to pull away from the back of the eye.
- Exudative – The fluid gets accumulated beneath the retina, but with no tears or holes in the retina. It is caused due to age, the factor that age is the factor behind it makes this even more risky.
Diagnosis of Retinal Detachment
Retinal Detachment treatment hospital in Delhi have a team of well-versed experts who know their job well. If a doctor suspects retinal detachment they would normally refer the patient like an ophthalmologist, for an accurate and professional guidance. The ophthalmologist will examine the condition well and after dilating and widening the pupils come to a conclusion of any kind. A doctor will check in the following way:
- First your vision will be checked.
- Then comes the pressure on the eye.
- Then the appearance of the eye
- Lastly the ability to see colors.
Who are at a risk of Retinal Detachment?
A person suffering from trauma of the eye in any form, or the one who suffers extreme nearsightedness, which causes more strain on the eye. Age, 50 years and old hold the chances of suffering from such condition. Any prior history of cataract removal surgery.
Prevention of Retinal Detachment
There actually exists no way to safeguard from retinal detachment. However, some steps may help greatly reduce them. Wear protective eyewear when you indulge in sports activity or working with any sharp tool. If you are a diabetic then you must control the blood sugar level to avoid any such condition. It is essential that the symptoms of retinal detachment be diagnosed on time, before it’s too late.
Viezec is one of the first-class medical service providers across the globe for patients who are eyeing for low cost ophthalmology treatment in India. We have the finest surgeons on board in association with premium hospitals in India. Our aim is to deliver 100 percent customer satisfaction by rendering top quality treatments at reasonable costs. Viezec has efficiently served abounding number of patients and has developed a reputation as a trusted medical service provider. Viezec holds connections and associations with some reputed and dedicated hospitals who have a team of experienced doctors to provide you the best treatment possible for you.