Retinopathy is a complication that targets the eye. The damage in the light sensitive tissue present at the back of the eye has emerged as major reason for the ailment. It is a common cause of blindness and impairment among adults. Retinopathy Treatment in India is provided by expert doctors with the help of their specific knowledge.
Types of Eye Surgery Treatment
- Intraocular Lens Implant Surgery
- Cataract and Glaucoma
- Childhood Visual Pathway Glioma
- Central Retinal Vein Occlusion
- Lamellar Keratoplasty
- Corneal Transplantation
- Scleral Buckling Surgery
- Canalicular Tear Repair
- Squint Repair Unilateral
- Retinal Detachment
What is Retinopathy?
Retinopathy is any impairment to the retina of the eyes, which might cause vision impairment. Retinopathy often refers to retinal vascular disease, or impairment to the retina triggered by abnormal blood flow. Age-related macular degeneration is technically encompassed under the umbrella term retinopathy but is often discoursed as a distinct entity. Retinopathy, or retinal vascular disease, can be roughly classified into proliferative and non-proliferative types. Often, retinopathy is an ocular manifestation of systemic ailment as seen in diabetes or hypertension. Retinopathy hospital in India offers world class medical treatment to cure the disease with the help of expert doctors.
There exist no symptoms in the initial stage. But, after developing the disease a few symptoms can be seen. Retinopathy treatment in India is offered by experts pertaining to the specific symptoms. Some of these are:
- Unclear vision during the night time.
- Abnormal retinal blood vessels that may bleed.
- Blurred vision
- Some spots
Retinopathy treatment in India is caused by various reasons:
- Damage of the blood vessels located in the retina.
- Retinal injuries in the tiny blood vessels.
- Distorting vision, which lead to leaking and fluids bleeding.
These are some of the causes that may later lead to Retinopathy treatment. The surgical procedure is the last resort but also the only thing one can do to cure Retinopathy.
Risks involved in Retinopathy
Individuals suffering from type 1 and Type 2 diabetes are at a great risk of developing this oddly dangerous condition retinopathy.
There are individuals who suffer from high blood pressure and cholesterol. The retinopathy hospitals in India check the patients for all kinds of diseases and treatments and offer befitting treatment. The danger of developing retinopathy in woman is more than that in men. The gestational diabetes patients are more prone to the disease.
Stages of Diabetic Retinopathy
- Mild Nonproliferation – This is the earliest stage and can be easily caught if the right symptoms are lended an eye on. The existence of small areas, balloon like swelling in the blood vessels is the first and foremost symptom that persists.
- Moderate Nonproliferation – The second stage shows blood vessels blockage that nourish the retina with the disease progressing.
- Severe Nonproliferation retinopathy – The next stage in Retinopathy is the severe one, more blood vessels are blocked. Depriving several areas of retina. These areas send signals to the body to help retrack and grow new blood vessels.
Post treatment Guidelines
You might be prescribed eye drops, take them properly as instructed for a few weeks to stay away from infections. The signs of retinopathy may come back if not treated properly, hence you must ensure that you take proper care to avoid any after math issues. Dilated eye examination is also suggested to be taken once a year atleast this keeps everything under check, even your sugar levels.
How long does it take to recover?
You can return home after the treatment soon. The doctor may advice you to take care a little, since eye is crucial and critical body part. The doctor may ask you to wear the eye patch. It does not take too long to recover if not taken proper care of. The result of the treatment is not permanent, but can definitely be long lasting if taken care of properly.
Why choose Viezec medical Consultant?
Viezec is one of the premium medical service providers across the world for patients who are eyeing for low cost ophthalmology treatment in India. We have the best surgeons on board in association with topnotch top hospitals in India. Our objective is to deliver 100 percent customer gratification by rendering top quality treatments at reasonable costs. Viezec helps you through whole medical treatment, from arranging an accommodation for your stay to ensuring all your visa legalities and formalities are taken care of. A driver with car is also arranged on call to assist you to and from the hospital.