Scleral Buckling Surgery
Scleral Buckling is a procedure that is done to repair the retinal detachment of any kind. The white part of the eye is operated upon with a silicone piece or sponge. The buckle is designed to repair the retinal detachment with the help of pushing sclera towards a retinal break. Scleral Buckling Surgery in Delhi NCR India is provided by skilled doctors.
Types of Eye Surgery Treatment
- Intraocular Lens Implant Surgery
- Cataract and Glaucoma
- Childhood Visual Pathway Glioma
- Central Retinal Vein Occlusion
- Lamellar Keratoplasty
- Corneal Transplantation
- Scleral Buckling Surgery
- Canalicular Tear Repair
- Squint Repair Unilateral
- Retinal Detachment
What is Scleral Buckling Surgery in India?
Scleral buckling surgery is a common way to treat retinal detachment. It is a technique of closing breaks and flattening the retina. A scleral buckle is a slice of silicone sponge, rubber, or semi-hard plastic that your eye doctor (ophthalmologist) places on the outside of the eye (the sclera, or the white of the eye). Scleral Buckling Surgery in India is provided by expert doctors. The material is stitched to the eye to keep it in place. The buckling element is typically left in place perpetually.
What is the procedure for Scleral Buckling Surgery?
Scleral Buckling is a surgical procedure undertaken by doctor. Scleral Buckling Surgery hospital in India ensures that you are provided specific doctor with subject matter expertise. Post the surgery you will be asked to fast, and also it is suggested that you don’t eat after midnight. Here are some of the expectations during surgery:
Risk and Complications Involved
Scleral Buckling surgery Hospital in India
- You’ll be given anesthesia post-surgery. Your doctor will apply eye drops to numb your eye. Eye drops will also be provided to dilate the eyes.
- Your doctor will try an incision.
- A buckle is then stitched and sown surgically in place. Buckling is done to support the retina by pushing the scleral towards the eyes.
- To prevent any detachments possible, the doctor will advise some befitting treatments.
takes care of eye surgery and Comes with its own set of risks. The repairing of retinal detachments and vision restorations are all done with care. You will have to repeat the procedure and the doctor will remove scar tissue before proceeding. Infection, repeated detachment, double vision, bleeding, glaucoma, and new retinal tears. Contact the doctor immediately in case you experience any issue or develop bleeding.
Recovery time of Scleral Buckling Surgery treatment
Scleral buckling takes about 45 minutes to complete. The time of recovery goes out for anywhere between two to four weeks. The surgeon will provide aftercare instructions that you must adhere to for positive results. This includes all necessary medication information, you can go back to the medications if the situation persist. Post-surgery pain is normal and must not be a matter of major concern.
How do you prepare for Scleral Buckling?
To prepare for it you need to get in touch with your eye care provider. The specialist will employ some special instruments to shine a light in the eye and help examine your retina better. You may be asked to get an ultrasound done fo your eye, this helps the specialist and surgeon in control to view the retinal detachment.
Do’s and Don’ts of scleral buckling procedure:
- You must not drive until the doctor permits you to.
- Prescribed medicine must be taken as instructed.
- Don’t lift any heavy object, avoid any rapid eye movement that will be followed up by doctor visit.
- Don’t forget to wear your sunglasses.
- Avoid getting soap in the eye when washing the face.
- Don’t lie on your back when you sleep.
- Altitude changes can hinder vision and deteriorate eye sight hence you must not travel by plane during this time.
Viezec is one of the first-class medical service providers across the globe for patients who are eyeing for low cost ophthalmology treatment in India. We have the finest surgeons on board in association with premium hospitals in India. Our aim is to deliver 100 percent customer satisfaction by rendering top quality treatments at reasonable costs. Viezec is trusted by many and recommended to others by many due to the great service.