Liver Transplant Hospitals in India
Liver transplant is advised to patients who are suffering from liver cancer or end-stage liver failure that couldn’t be controlled using medications or any other forms of treatment. If you are advised for liver transplant, you should consider India as the liver transplant hospitals in Delhi NCR, India are a Cost effective variant and the healthcare service providers are technologically very advanced. The super specialty hospitals and institutions in India are well equipped with latest machines and skilled manpower that are capable of carrying out complex liver transplants. The success rate of the liver transplant operation in India is high and patients with severe complications can return to normal lives.
What is liver transplant procedure and cost in India?
A liver transplant is a complete surgical procedure to eliminate the diseased/damaged liver and replace it with a healthy liver from a donor. The donor may be anyone, but some tests would be performed to ensure that the liver is accepted well. The liver transplant procedure has become very easy in India and the cost is also feasible due to the ease of access to the resources. Most of the reputed liver transplant hospitals in India have dedicated teams of surgeons to ensure a successful transplant. in Best liver transplant surgeons in Delhi have expertise in carrying out effective treatment employing the best technique, the experts continue to serve as a teaching and mentoring hospitals and institute in the field of liver transplantation and liver and biliary surgery for healthcare service providers in India as well as abroad.
Liver problem arises due to many causes, including:
- Liver cirrhosis
- Alcoholic liver disease
- Early-stage liver cancer
- Primary sclerosing cholangitis
- Wilson’s disease
- Cystic fibrosis, many more.
Tests necessary before getting Liver Transplant
It is required that the patient undergoes some diagnostic studies to assess the situation better.
- Doppler ultrasound – This Helps determine whether the blood vessels to and from the liver are working and open.
- Pulmonary function – This study helps determine the lungs’ ability to exchange oxygen and carbon dioxide.
- Echocardiogram – It helps better evaluate the patient’s heart.
- Computed tomography – It uses X-rays and a computer that generates pictures of the liver and shows its shape and size better.
- Blood tests – The general pre requisite for any surgery, this helps examine blood type, biochemical status of blood, clotting ability and the ability to gauge liver function. AIDS and Hepatitis tests are also included.
Liver transplant hospitals in India take special care in providing the best solution, ensuring that all the necessary tests are carried out with effectiveness.
Donor for Liver Transplant
- Living-Donor: The process incorporates removal of a segment of liver from the healthy living donor and implanting it in patient. Both the donor and the recipient liver segments have the ability to grow in size in a short period of time.
- Spouse or any blood relative can play the role of the donor. An appropriate donor is difficult to find, hence special care and attention is paid when finding one.
Liver Transplant Procedure
The Liver organ Transplant hospitals in Delhi NCR incorporate some of the procedures that involve the following steps:
- The surgery usually lasts for 5 to 6 hours
- Under a general anesthesia the liver transplant procedure is carried out.
- Prior to surgery, a tube is placed through the mouth of the patient into the windpipe this helps breathing during the operation.
- A Y-shaped incision is inserted in the abdomen, it is injected and the diseased liver is eradicated. Donated liver is then attached to all the major blood vessels and the bile ducts. The incision is then surgically closed at the end of the surgery.
Best liver transplant surgeons in Delhi carry out all the steps with special care.
Advantages of opting for Liver Transplant hospitals in India:
- The longevity of healthy life is all aided by the best of surgeons.
- If the transplant is performed in time and the recipient’s health is still well manageable then they are able to tolerate the surgery and recover quickly.
- The recovery gets difficult sometimes, hence taking special and extra care is advised.
- The donors can resume back to normal life chores in a week and the recipient is required to stay in for 2 to 3 weeks.
Post Liver Transplant Care
Best Liver transplant hospitals in Delhi NCR carry out the process that involves resuming back to daily life activities and recovering to the level of health. Viezec is your trusted Medical Healthcare Consultant