Kidney Removal (Nephrectomy)
Nephrology is a surgical procedure that encompasses removal of all or some part of a kidney:
If either whole kidney or some part of it is damaged and your healthcare expert advised you to remove, then we are the best solution for you. Our network of hospitals iswell equipped with latest machines and surgeons to perform the task. Kidney removal (nephrectomy) is a surgical procedure to remove all or part of a kidney:
- Complete nephrectomy. In the course of complete or radical nephrectomy, the surgeon will take away the entire kidney.
- Partial nephrectomy. In case of a partial nephrectomy, the surgeon will remove or get rid of some diseased tissue from the kidney and ensures only healthy tissues are kept in place.
Nephrectomy is a procedure which is often done to cure any kidney cancer or to take away a seriously damaged or diseased kidney. The kidney removal surgery in India administer the procedure with utilizing a single large incision in the abdomen area or on the side (open nephrectomy) or with a series of small incisions that are made in the abdomen (laparoscopic nephrectomy). In case of a donor nephrectomy, the surgeon will get rid of a healthy kidney for the transplant procedure into the patient who requires a functioning kidney.
Why kidney removal surgery in Hospital is done?
A surgeon performs nephrectomy to either remove a part of the diseased kidney or to help the healthy kidney function better for an organ transplant.
Kidney is essentially a fist-sized organ which is located close to the back of the upper abdomen on both sides, in most people who have not gone under any kidney removal surgery treatment. Your kidneys function the following tasks:
- Filters out the waste and excess fluid along with electrolytes from the blood
- Produce urine
- Maintain a proper level of mineral in the bloodstream which is essential for proper functioning.
- Production of hormones that is essential and helps with regulating the blood pressure also influences number of circulating red blood cells
Often, a kidney removal surgery in Delhi, India is performed to get rid of a cancerous tumor or an abnormal tissue growth which is found in the kidney. The most common kidney cancer witnessed in adults is the renal cell carcinoma that begins in the cells which lines the small tubes present inside your kidneys. Children are the ones who are most likely to develop a type of kidney cancer which is called the Wilms’ tumor, it is probably caused by the poor development of kidney cells.
The decision about what percentage and how much of the kidney tissue needs to be removes depends on:
- Is the tumor confined to the kidney
- Is there site of more than one tumor
- What percentage is the kidney damage
- Has the cancer affected any nearby tissue
- How is the functioning of other kidneys
The surgeon from kidney removal surgery hospital makes a decision basis the results of the imaging tests, which are inclusive of:
- Ultrasound, it is an image of the soft tissue which is produced with the use of sound waves.
- Computerized tomography (CT), it is a specialized X-ray technology that procures the image of thin cross-sectional view of soft tissues.
- Magnetic resonance imaging (MRI), this uses the force and power of magnetic field along with radio waves to generate cross-sectional views or 3-D images
Prior the kidney removal surgery in Delhi, the patient must converse with the surgeon about the options available for you. Questions that you might possibly ask:
- Will I be required to undergo a partial or complete nephrectomy?
- Am I fit for minimally invasive (laparoscopic) procedure?
- What are the possible outcomes of a complete nephrectomy even if a partial nephrectomy is planned?
- Is the surgery suitable for cancer?
If you’re planning to donate a kidney for a transplant, you’ll have thorough examination to determine if you’re the suitable one for the procedure. Criteria for donating is inclusive of:
- 18 years of age or older
- Compatible blood type with recipient for kidney transplant.
- Generally good health
- Two well-functioning kidneys
- No past backlogs of kidney issues or other ailments.
- Stable mental health
Viezec is one of the most trusted and reliable medical tourism service provider extending its services to global as well as domestic patients. From planning the hospital stay for you,
Whether the stay will last one to three days, depending on the procedure type. Getting in touch with the surgeon and the health care team of the facility to understand the probable recovery time. We have a team of expert who handle the visa formalities and all the paperwork and documentation task on your behalf. We also take into consideration the fact that you might need a donor for nephrectomy, and provide you with one. We have the right solution to all the ailments that you might be suffering from.
Ask Your Query
- General Surgery
- Nephrology Treatment in Delhi, India
- Organ Transplant Hospitals in Delhi, India
- Gastroenterology Treatment in Delhi, India
- Ayurvedic Therpies
- Urology Treatment in Delhi, India
- Cosmetic Surgery Treatment in Delhi NCR, India
- Orthopaedic Surgery in Delhi, India
- ENT Treatment in Delhi NCR, India
- Weight Loss Surgery in Delhi, India
- Best Anti Ageing Treatment in Delhi NCR, India
- Diabetes Treatment in Delhi, India
- Neurology Hospital in Delhi, India
- Oncology Treatment in Delhi, India
- IVF Treatment in Delhi, India
- Best Cardiology Treatment Hospital in Delhi NCR, India
- Stem Cell Therapy Centre in Delhi, India