Removal of the prostate or Prostatectomy surgery
Sometimes, prostate surgery becomes essential due to the various symptoms of prostate cancer and the case of enlarged prostate. These problems have become a common site, but the treatment is also readily available at cost effective rates in New Delhi, India. Prostatectomy surgery Hospital and clinics of India are placed amongst the top medical tourism destinations, majorly due to the cost-effective treatment, and utilization of the latest healthcare infrastructure and presence of highly-skilled and learned doctors. Viezec shares association with reputed and prominent hospitals and thus ensure quick and safe treatment. We know how to pick the right prostatectomy hospital for treating which disease.
Radical prostatectomy is surgical operation to remove the prostate gland and the affected tissue that had been surrounding it. This usually includes is inclusive of seminal vesicles and some close lymph nodes. Radical prostatectomy can very well cure the issue of prostate with prostatectomy surgery in India.
Who Should Undergo Radical Prostatectomy?
Men younger than 75 years of age with limited prostate cancer who are well expected to live at least 10 years if not more. They are the one who are sure to benefit the most from radical prostatectomy.
Prior to performing radical prostatectomy, the doctor will first definitely try to build and understand that the prostate cancer has not spread beyond the prostate. The statistical risk of spreading this condition can seen better from the results of a biopsy. Further testing for the spread, if required, can be inclusive of CT scans, bone scans, MRI scans, and also ultrasounds
If by examining the doctor of prostatectomy surgery hospital find out that the prostate cancer has not spread, the surgeon or the urologist may first ask you to choose other options besides surgery. These are inclusive of radiation therapy, hormone therapy, or simply observing the prostate cancer over the course of time, since most prostate cancers grow steady and slowly. Depending on how high the risk of cancer spread, pelvic lymph node dissection may be considered, as well.
Types of Radical Prostatectomy
The prostate gland is situated just underneath the bladder, in the front of the rectum. Surgeons are asked to make a choice between the two different approaches to reach out to and then remove the prostate in case of a radical prostatectomy. One of the approach is traditional and is famously known as open prostatectomy. The other, one is recent and is minimally invasive. There are two of the minimally invasive procedures that are highly useful in radical prostatectomy:
Risk Factors for Neuroendocrine Tumors
In the traditional form of radical prostatectomy, the surgeon will administer a vertical incision which happens to be of 8- to 10-inch administered below the belly button. The radical prostatectomy is then performed using the incision. In some rare cases, the incision may be made in the perineum, the space which lies between the scrotum and the anus.
In laparoscopic prostatectomy, the surgeons ensures that small sized incisions are administered across the belly in plenty. Surgical tool along with a camera are inserted through the incisions, and the radical prostatectomy is then performed from outside of the body. The surgeon keeps a keen eye on the entire operation with the help of a video screen.
Robot-assisted laparoscopic prostatectomy
Minor incisions are administered in the belly, just as it would in case of regular laparoscopic prostatectomy. A surgeon from prostatectomy surgery hospital controls the advanced robotic system of the surgical tools well from outside the body. A high-tech interface allows the surgeon to administer some of the natural wrist movements and also 3-D screen during the radical prostatectomy.
Risks of Radical Prostatectomy
Prostatectomy surgery in India has lower risk of serious complications. Death or any disability which is caused by the prostatectomy procedure is extremely rare.
Major utility nerves travel all the way through the prostate to the penis. Most skilled surgeons hold the capability of protecting the nerves during the case of radical prostatectomy. Still, complications from the inadvertent nerve damage does occur post the completion of radical prostatectomy. They include:
Tips for Living well with Macular Degeneration
- Urinary Incontinence – More than about 95% of the men who are younger than 50 years of age are affected after the radical prostatectomy. Around 85% of the men who are of the age 70 years or older maintain the continence after the operation.
- Erectile Dysfunction (ED): The problem with erection is that it is common to experience erectile dysfunction after prostatectomy. Still, most men enjoy sex post prostatectomy with the help of medicines such as Viagra or other supplements, an external pump, or an injectable medication works well. The younger the man, the higher are the chances of maintaining better potency post prostatectomy. A period of penile rehabilitation is quiet necessary.
Most of the skills involved in the case of radical prostatectomy focuses on sparing of the nerves in case the operation is being administered. A man who undergoes the radical prostatectomy at an advanced prostate cancer center has the best chance of maintaining both sexual and urinary function.
Viezec is a medical tourism service provider offering its services globally to both domestic as well as international patients alike. We share associations with the best doctors and hospitals to help you get the best treatment with comfortable stay and your other formalities being taken care of by our experts. Get in touch, to know more.
- General Surgery
- Nephrology Treatment in Delhi, India
- Organ Transplant Hospitals in Delhi, India
- Gastroenterology Treatment in Delhi, India
- Ayurvedic Therpies
- Urology Treatment in Delhi, India
- Cosmetic Surgery Treatment in Delhi NCR, India
- Orthopaedic Surgery in Delhi, India
- ENT Treatment in Delhi NCR, India
- Weight Loss Surgery in Delhi, India
- Best Anti Ageing Treatment in Delhi NCR, India
- Diabetes Treatment in Delhi, India
- Neurology Hospital in Delhi, India
- Oncology Treatment in Delhi, India
- IVF Treatment in Delhi, India
- Best Cardiology Treatment Hospital in Delhi NCR, India
- Stem Cell Therapy Centre in Delhi, India