Renal (Kidney) Surgery
Renal Surgery is also known as Kidney transplant, renal transplant is a surgical process in which a healthy kidney is placed removing the damaged kidney
. The kidneys are bean-shaped organs which are located just below the rib cage on each side of the spine. Each kidney is about the size of a fist. The vital and major function of a kidney is to filter and get rid of minerals, waste products and unnecessary fluids coming from the blood through urination.
When the kidneys lose the ability to filter it causes the fluid and waste levels to rise up and get accumulated in the body, which can in turn become the reason to witness a raise in the blood pressure and as a result cause kidney failure. Renal surgery in India has hence become popular, since the treatment is cost-effective yet of high-quality.
Common causes of end-stage kidney disease include:
- Chronic, uncontrolled high blood pressure
- Polycystic kidney disease
- Chronic glomerulonephritis
Patients of end-stage renal disease are required to get rid of the waste from their bloodstream with the help of dialysis or surgical treatment to stay alive.
Renal surgery in Delhi, India utilizes the capability and prowess of experts to provide you nothing less than the best treatment.
Why it’s done
A kidney transplant is done at a renal surgery hospital in case of a kidney failure. A kidney transplant can cure chronic kidney disease or even end-stage renal disease to provide you longer and better life.
As compared to dialysis, renal transplant is associated with:
- Low risk of death
- Less of dietary restrictions
- Better life standard and quality
- Low cost of treatment
For certain people dealing with kidney issues or complete failure, a renal transplant surgery in India may be life-threatening and risky than dialysis. You may not be eligible for the kidney transplant due to the following reasons:
- Chronic heart disease
- Advanced age
- Dementia or poorly controlled mental illness
- Active or recently treated cancer
- Alcohol or drug abuse
Complications of the procedure
Renal transplant surgery in Delhi, India carries the risk of following complications, inclusive of:
- Blood clots and bleeding
- An infection or cancer that can be transmitted with the donated kidney
- Failure or rejection of the donated kidney
- heart attack or stroke
Anti-rejection medication side effects
Post the renal transplant surgery, you’ll have to take medications that will help prevent the body from rejecting any donor kidney. These medications can lead to a variety of side effects, inclusive of:
- Bone thinning and bone damage
- Excessive hair growth or hair loss
- High blood pressure
- High cholesterol
Other side effects:
- Puffiness (edema)
- Increased risk of cancer, particularly skin cancer and lymphoma
- Weight gain
What can you expect?
Kidney transplant is performed utilizing general anesthesia, so you don’t stay wide awake in course of the procedure. The surgical team keeps a keen eye on monitoring the heart rate, blood pressure and also blood oxygen level all throughout the procedure.
During the surgery:
- The surgeon administers an incision in the lower part of the abdomen and then places the new kidney into the body. Unless the one present already is causing complications and troubles to you such as infections, kidney stones, high blood pressure, kidney stones.
- The blood vessels from the new kidney is then attached to the blood vessels on the lower part of the abdomen, just above one of the legs.
- The new kidney’s ureter that is the tube that finds a link in the kidney to the bladder is then rightfully connected to the bladder.
After the procedure
After your kidney transplant, you can expect to:
- Stay at the hospital for several days to a week.
- Be asked to come for frequent checkups as you will require recovering.
- Take the medications on time and enjoy better quality of life.
If the doctor has advised you to go for Kidney transplant, then you should approach Indian healthcare sector without thinking much. Apart from the cost effective treatment, Kidneys are easily available and doctors are specialized for the transplant. The cost of kidney transplant in India at private hospitals is comparatively lower than other countries. The success rate is also very high. Some advanced private hospitals in India may try to provide you kidney treatment through diet, medication and treatment for the underlying cause.