The Cost of Autism Stem Cell Treatment in India The Cost of Autism Stem Cell Treatment in India
- In India, the cost of stem cell therapy for autism varies from USD 7000 to USD 9900.
- The cost of autism treatment varies according on the patient’s medical history, the severity of the illness, and the facility.
- The treatment is completed in seven days and there is no need for a post-discharge stay.
- Pre-treatment tests for autism include a hearing test, a blood test, a screening for (Autism Spectrum Disorder) ASD, and a neurological examination.
Autistic children may exhibit social apathy, a lack of interest in objects and activities around them, difficulties with communication and social engagement, and so forth. It is critical that these signs are recognised early and that the appropriate steps are taken with the assistance of doctors and experts. Several common symptoms include the following:
- Inability of the child to communicate verbally or nonverbally
- Problems with motor coordination
- Sleep and gastrointestinal issues
- Inability to maintain eye contact
- Slow response to their names or other methods of gaining their attention
- Hyperactive or abnormal behaviour in response to anger, distress, or affection
- Language development at a snail’s pace
- Abnormal posture.
Autism is a neurological illness that manifests itself via challenges with learning, communication, and social relationships, among other things. If your kid exhibits any of these symptoms, you must immediately take him or her to a doctor for autism screening. The physician may order the following tests:
- Hearing exam • Blood lead test • Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) screening
- Neurological Exam • Tests may be performed to see whether the issue is genetic in nature and may alter the body’s metabolism.
Procedure for Autism Treatment Using Stem Cells
- Stem Cell Treatment for Autism has showed considerable promise in recent years and is being intensively studied. • The technique is identical to that of other stem cell transplants. Stem cells are harvested from all types of cells, either from the patient’s adipose tissues or from a matched donor. Following that, these cells are checked for infection. • Stem cells are next enriched and activated under controlled circumstances. • Then, with the assistance of specialist equipment, these stem cells are supplied to the patient in one of two ways: o Intrathecal administration: the stem cells are injected into the cerebral fluid
Intravenous administration: the stem cells are administered via IV. • Once these stem cells reach the target area, they attempt to rebuild the lost or damaged neuron cells, restoring normal brain function. • It has also been observed that these stem cells aid in increasing the oxygen supply to the brain, which also aids in autism improvement.
Following the procedure
Stem cell therapy aids in the improvement of motor coordination, communication disorders, and a variety of other issues associated with autism. However, speech therapy, social engagement, and other treatments operate as an additional motivation and accelerate the children’s learning process. Parents should bear in mind that stem cell therapy will not be a substitute for counselling and other treatments, which should be maintained in order to get the best outcomes.