Patient & Attendant Rights
As a patient or attendant, you have the right to:
- Get treated with respect, consideration, sympathy and dignity, in a safe and clean environment irrespective of your age, gender, race, origin, religion, sexual orientation or infirmities.
- Be addressed by your appropriate name and to be informed about the names of the doctors, nurses and other healthcare crew members involved in your care.
- Complete protection of your privacy, dignity and discretion in care discussions, inspections and treatments.
- A clear and comprehensible explanation by your doctor about your diagnosis, as well as the advantages and risks of every treatment, anticipated result and change in medical condition.
- Be protected from physical abuse and negligence.
- Get information from the hospital regarding the projected cost of treatment and payment policies.
- Request for a copy of your medical records according to protocol.