India has become the most sought after destination across the globe for medical tourism. The government of India has introduced medical visa for overseas nationals across the globe in quest of specialty medical treatment on India for long-drawn- out periods. A visa-on- arrival system for tourists from some selected nations has been established by government of India, which permits foreign nationals to stay in India for 60 days for medical processes. Maximum of two attendants who are blood relatives are allowable to accompany the patient under distinct medical attendant visas. The validity of medical attendant visa will be same as the patient medical visa. The initial duration of medical visa is up to a year or extent of the treatment, whichever is less. The visa permits maximum of 3 entries during 1 year.
Indian medical visa requirements
- Individuals traveling from the below mentioned nations should have Yellow Fever vaccination certificate as per Govt. of India directives. All travellers arriving to India w. e. f 14th February 2014 from Kenya, Ethiopia, Afghanistan, Israel, Pakistan, Nigeria and Somalia must carry Oral Polio Vaccination (OPV) Certificate taken six weeks before entry. This certificate is mandatory for both adults and kids.
- All travelers from above seven nations must now possess a written record of immunization (patient-retained record) for polio, preferably using IHR 2005 International Certificate of Vaccination or Prophylaxis from a hospital or Centre administering OPV by the Government of their respective nation.
- Each medical document is checked by Indian Missions and Posts that are placed abroad to authorize whether the request to obtain a medical visa is genuine or not.
- One might also need to offer adequate details to The Missions that they have sought preliminary medical assistance in the nation of residence / origin and subsequently has got a guidance to go for special treatment.
- One can get a medical visa to India only for treatment in reputable and acknowledged medical centers. Although a medical visa to India is given for several treatments, but there are major ones including radio therapy, neuro-surgery, heart treatments, plastic surgery, renal disorders, organ transplants, gene therapy, plastic surgery, ophthalmic disorders, congenital disorders and more.
Eligibility for medical visa application to India
The medical visa is based on some conditions that are charted above, but it is required to make sure that individuals who are immigrating to India are genuinely doing so for the purpose of getting treatment. Indian immigration authorities entail the following criteria to be fulfilled owing to the above mentioned reasons:
- It should be clear that the preliminary medical guidance has already been made by the applicant in their own homeland and they are then suggested to pursue specialist treatment.
- It should be validated by the applicant is seeking medical attention only in a renowned institution which specializes in the treatment of that particular ailment.
- High priority is given to ‘M’ visa applications in India that are allied with some medical conditions. Some serious diseases are given prime consideration such as neurosurgery, heart problems, ophthalmic disorders and organ transplants.
Registration for medical visa
It is essential for foreign nationals with ‘M’ visa that they should register themselves with the concerned FRROs / FROs within 14 days after they reach in India.
Visa for attendant’s family members
Attendants or members of the family of patients traveling to India will be provided with varied visas equivalent to the ‘M’ visa of patient. These visas are given to the spouse / children / in patients’ blood relations. Please pay attention that only up to 2 attendants are out into contemplation for miscellaneous visas in one go. These visas are recognized as MX visas. Such attendants also have to register themselves with the local FRROs / FROs within fourteen days of arriving in India.
Benefits of medical visa to India
- A temporary immigration service is offered by the ‘M’ or Indian medical visas and they did not make a way for settlement in India.
- The medical Indian visas only offer entry for a specific purpose of attaining medical attention.
- A medical visa in India is granted for up to 1 year contrasting to Indian visit visa that is granted for maximum 6 months. The time required to carry out the concerned medical treatment defines the duration of a medical visa.
- The government of India permits a period only up to 12 months but it can further be stretched to 12 months if required. This extension is based only on the recommendation from an apt treatment center or by providing a medical certificate.
Validity and extension of Indian medical visas
Medical visa to India is given either for the period of the treatment or for duration of a year, whichever is less. Extension of this visa up to another year is also conceivable year on the orders of the State Governments or FRROs, if any acknowledged hospital of India gives a medical certificate. If more extension is required, then on the suggestion of the State Government / FRROs together with appropriate medical papers, the Ministry of Home Affairs can give an authentication. This type of a visa can get not more than 3 entries in one year. In case of emergencies, State Governments / FRROs have the capacity to permit an additional entry.
Registration for Bangladeshi and Pakistani nationals
Nationals of all foreign nations accompanied by those of Sri Lanka, Pakistan, China and Bangladesh can get a medical visa to India. However, the registration formalities for citizens of Bangladesh and Pakistan will certainly have to match the requirements that are given in Para 106 and Para 118, for citizens of Bangladesh and citizens of Pakistan serially, in the Visa Manual. The citizens of these two nations are required to conform about their date of arrival and departure as per the present-day policies of their countries.
Visa for authorizing surrogacy in India
No more tourist visas for surrogacy in India. The legal and regulatory frameworks concerning surrogacy in India are subjected to change. Folks considering entering into a foreign commercial surrogacy arrangement are insisted to exercise extreme caution. You should seek independent legal guidance and keep updated of developments.
To provide medical visa to India
So as to get visa invitation letter from relevant hospital, please send following details on this email address: help@Viezec.com
- Medical reports (present and pertinent reports).
- Passport scans of the patient as well as the attendant.