What is Optic Neuropathy?
Optic nerve atrophy is a kind of health condition that is referred to explain the mild as well as severe damage caused to the optic nerve; this is a kind of trouble that can also hamper the overall vision, including colour, peripheral, and central vision. Optic nerve atrophy has shown its effects amongst children, majorly causing them nystagmus or rhythmic as well as involuntary movement of the Eye.
People are searching for Optic Neuropathy Stem Cell Treatment in Delhi, India, but can’t seem to find the best Optic Neuropathy Treatment hospitals at an affordable price. Viezec helps those patients to find the best hospitals for Optic Neuropathy Stem Cell Treatment in Delhi, India
Causes of Optic Neuropathy
Going with safe conditions as often as possible is connected with optic neuritis:
- Multiple sclerosis. Diverse sclerosis is where your invulnerable framework structure ambushes the myelin sheath covering nerve strands in your psyche. In people with optic neuritis, the peril of working up various sclerosis after one scene of optic neuritis is about half over a lifetime.
Your peril of working up different sclerosis after optic neuritis augments further if an MRI look at shows wounds on your cerebrum.
- Optic Neuropathy. In this condition, irritation impacts the optic nerve and spinal rope. Optic Neuropathy has comparable qualities to various sclerosis, anyway optic neuropathy doesn’t make hurt the nerves in the cerebrum as normally as different sclerosis does.
Symptoms Associated with The Optic Neuropathy
Optic Neuropathy usually affects one eye. Symptoms might include:
- Pain. A considerable number of individuals who have optic neuropathy trouble have eye torment that is heightened by eye advancement. Now and again, the desolation feels like a dull hurt behind the eye.
- Vision mishap in one eye. A large number of individuals have most likely some fleeting lessening in vision, yet the level of setback changes. Recognizable vision incident ordinarily makes over hours or days and improves all around while to months. Vision adversity is interminable in specific people.
- Vision field setback. Side vision adversity can occur in any model, for instance, central vision incident.
- Loss of concealing vision. Optic neuropathy normally impacts concealing perception. You may see that tints appear less striking than customary.
- Flashing lights. A couple of individuals with optic neuropathy report seeing flickering or gleaming lights with eye improvements.
Optic Neuropathy Stem Cell Treatment
Umbilical cord collection and preliminary testing
It is a typical practice in India for mothers to deliberately give the umbilical string blood from the introduction of their fit full-term kids. Each mother who enters an emergency clinic in India to conceive offspring is suddenly tried for every single primary affliction. Complete family ancestries are likewise taken from each mother before the gift. Just females who have been completely screened and seen as absolutely sound are reasonable to give their umbilical cord and umbilical cord blood.
The second round of testing
The second step in the screening strategy occurs in the research facility once the gathered examples have been confirmed adversely for transferable afflictions; it is then moved to our labs and formally turned into the property. From this stage, it is required for every single example to be handled and given to patients. The assembled test begins the second round of testing and keeping in mind that following benefactor’s essential likewise completes testing for cytomegalovirus, smaller scale creatures (vigorous microscopic organisms, anaerobic microorganisms, parasites, and so forth.), endurance rate, immature microorganism surface pointers and foundational microorganism natural attributes (province shaping inclination, differential capacity) in each progression to defend the highest calibre to its cell items.
The stem cells got from every umbilical line are planted into a carafe loaded up with culture medium. This medium doesn’t have any creature items (for example, fetal calf serum); however, it is increased with cell development factors. The flagons are situated in a disinfected, temperature and dampness-controlled hatchery. The immature microorganisms are extended in the way of life medium. When the refined is done, the way of life mediums are sprinkled away and gathered.
The cell items are then cryo-saved and put away at a predictable – 196 degree Celsius temperature with the programmed supplement of fluid nitrogen utilizing the exceedingly progressed Thermogenesis BioArchive framework. This innovation licenses for coordinated control pace of freezing that completely maintains a strategic distance from sudden drops in temperature. Our cryo-safeguarding capacity hardware is additionally braced with 24h ongoing control framework, and in any circumstance of intense disappointment or other crisis, an excess safeguard power gracefully ensures that ordinary activity is executed. Our vacuum assurance framework can maintain fitting temperature for 20 days without supplement of fluid nitrogen.
Stem cell treatment
The specialists in our subsidiary emergency clinics utilize a few infusion systems to convey stem cells. Dependent upon every patient’s specific condition, one or numerous methodologies of conveyance will be utilized during a standard treatment sitting in order to expand well-being and viability. It is basic to recollect that Viezec conventions consistently feature wellbeing first, and the infusion approaches given are marginally obtrusive yet, at the same time, exceptionally focused on conveying the stem cells as close as conceivable from the injury area.
Stem Cell Implantation for Optic Neuropathy
Implantation Of Stem Cells: Stem cell implantation can be done in the following ways.
- Intravenous administration
- Intrathecal (lumber puncture)
- Liberation angioplasty
- Surgical administration for stroke
Improvements Seen After the Stem Cell Therapy for Optic Neuropathy
Stem cell treatment aims to restore neurological functions in the brain and spinal cord lesion area. Thus, various types of improvements are possible for this treatment.
Our past patients have experienced the following improvements after the treatment:
- Refined visual acuity
- Heightened light perception
- Enlarged visual field
- Livelier night vision
- Decreased nystagmus
- Better-quality strabismus
Certificate of Analysis for Optic Neuropathy Patient
With the team of Viezec, every patient gets a certified and authentication quantity of stem cells for the treatment. Then, before the transplantation procedure, a few portions of blood, bone marrow, and other microorganisms that need treatment are sent to a certified research facility to separate and improve the cells.
Statistics Of Overall Improvement of Optic Neuropathy Through Stem Cell Therapy
The Staff at Viezec will call you in one month, two months and a half years to see the improvement of the treatment. This encourages us to refine our conventions to improve further. You can likewise require some other assistance on the off chance that is required.
What Are the Tests to Diagnose Optic Neuropathy
Diagnosis of optic neuropathy consists of an eye exam to look for the signs of it. During the tests, your doctor will use dilating eye drops to enlarge your pupils for easy examination. They will also:
- Test your side vision
- Measure the fluid pressure in the affected eye
- Perform a blood test to look for signs of giant cell arteritis, temporal arteritis, or blood clotting disorders
- Conduct a toxicology test to check for drug or chemical-induced optic neuropathy (toxic optic neuropathy)
- Perform a colour vision test to determine your ability to see different colours and how your eyes respond to light
The neuro-ophthalmologist will perform an MRI or CT scan of the brain to check for tumours. Brain tumours such as optic nerve glioma can affect vision by exerting pressure on the optic nerve.
Optic Neuropathy FAQ’s
- What is optic neuropathy?
Optic neuropathy, which can take the form of non-arteritic anterior ischemic optic neuropathy (NAION), damages the optic nerve due to a change in blood flow. When blood flow to the optic nerve is interrupted, it doesn’t receive the oxygen it needs. As a result, it gradually degrades and stops functioning correctly.
- What are the common signs and symptoms of optic neuropathy?
These symptoms include:
- Seeing flashing or flickering lights when moving the eyes.
- Colors may appear less bold or vivid than they usually do.
- You may lose vision in one eye, either fully or partially.
- Optic neuropathy patients often experience facial and eye socket pain.
- A general loss of peripheral vision.
- Does optic neuropathy or nerve damage cause blindness?
Yes, if optic nerve damage is left untreated for a long, it can lead to loss of vision. As the optic nerve links the brain with the eyes, vision is affected. Vision loss is normal with optic nerve damage. Loss of color vision is also a common occurrence with the condition. Seeking medical treatment can help prevent symptoms from worsening.
- How long does the optic nerve take to heal?
The healing time totally depends upon the cause. Using a corrective lens, adopting a healthy lifestyle, and incorporating proper exercise and healthy food can be immensely helpful along with appropriate treatment.
- What is the difference between optic neuropathy and optic neuritis?
Both can lead to vision problems; optic neuritis involves inflammation of the optic nerve, while optic neuropathy refers to damage from any cause. Optic neuritis is one of the many causes of optic neuropathy. Optic neuropathies can be either hereditary or acquired.
Mechanism of Optic Neuropathy
For the treatment of stem cell therapy for Optic Neuropathy, the stem cells used are mesenchymal stem cells (MSCs). Viezec Stem Cell Institute is the best stem cell treatment provider in India. The treatment facility has successfully executed stem cell treatment on patients with expert care and precautions. There are several phases of cell therapy: experts remove stem cells from the bone marrow or adipose tissue. The key characteristics of stem cells, such as number and viability, as well as the occurrence of pathogens in blood, are tested if cellular material satisfies all the re-implantation criteria.
Statistics Of Overall Improvement of Optic Neuropathy Through Stem Cell Therapy
We believe that there is always some hope and that the patients deserve access to adequate and safe treatments. We are independent with an internal medicine division. We combine worldwide accredited hospitals, the next-generation stem cell treatment for muscular dystrophy, and unique products and services that are integrative and effective to safeguard optimal treatment outcomes.
Treatment Results Of Optic Neuropathy at Viezec
A few days after the stem cell therapy session, the patient body’s immune system is activated. Their contribution is focused on the restoration of damaged tissues. The patient may become uneasy at this stage, resulting in an exacerbation of the underlying illness. However, it’ll go down soon, and the agony will be gone in two weeks. Within a month, the missing nerve fibers and neurons will regenerate. It lasts for six months. The patient’s well-being progresses quickly depending on the surgical pattern of Optic Neuropathy, the patient’s age, specific features, and the presence of concomitant pathologies.
Optic Neuropathy Patient Stories
Venugopal Iyer From South California Visited India For The Treatment Of Optic Neuropathy Via Stem Cells
I was diagnosed with optic neuropathy. I was looking for a suitable and effective treatment to cure my disease. Then I learned about Viezec Stem Cell Institute, which offers stem cell treatment that is proven to be a successful process for multiple disorders.
Hi, I am Bella from UK. I visited India with my family for stem cell therapy to treat my optic neuropathy. When I was 16 years old, I was diagnosed with optic nerve damage. Then, without delay
Kevin has suffered from visual impairment all his life, but her optic neuropathy diagnosis and worsening condition together with a lack of treatment choices was heartbreaking
After getting into a car accident when Charlie was 17 years of age, he developed optic neuropathy issue, which caused her vision to worsen over quite a few years to the point where he had to resign from his dream job of a photographer
Optic Neuropathy Happy Patient Videos