Stem Cell Therapy of Ataxia
There are various types of ataxia, so according to them, there are also many different causes, which include:
- Acquired: This condition occurs due to nerve damage from external factors, such as an injury, as opposed to inherited genes.
- Sporadic: Specialists use another term, “idiopathic,” when they can’t identify the cause. These can happen due to spontaneous DNA mutations, which happen randomly a fetus develops in the uterus. The mutations from these don’t come from either of your parents, and symptoms may appear when you’re an adult.
- Inherited: These are genetic conditions, which means you inherited them from one or both parents.
Some other factors that can cause ataxia:
- Congenital disorders
- Immune and inflammatory conditions
- Alcohol intoxication
- Concussions and traumatic brain injuries
- Vitamin deficiencies
- Fatigue and stress
- Exposure to toxic compounds
Causes of Ataxia
- Head injury. Harm to your brain or spinal rope from a hit on your head, for example, may occur during a fender bender and can cause extreme cerebellar ataxia, that goes ahead instantly.
- At the point when the blood flow supplied to a piece of your mind is impeded or seriously reduced, denying cerebrum tissue of oxygen and supplements, synapses kick the bucket.
- Cerebral paralysis. It is a basic term gathering of clutters brought about by injury to the youngster’s mind during early development — previously, during or not a long time after birth — that influences the kid’s capacity to facilitate body developments.
- Immune system illnesses. Several sclerosis, sarcoidosis, celiac illness and other immune system problems can cause ataxia.
- Ataxia can be an exceptional entanglement of chickenpox and other viral contaminations. It might appear inside the mending phases of the actual contamination and keep going for a substantial length of time or weeks. Normally, the ataxia settles after some time.
- Paraneoplastic disorders. These are unusual, degenerative problems triggered by your resistant framework’s response to a carcinogenic tumour (neoplasm), most usually from lung, ovarian, bosom or lymphatic malignant growth. Ataxia can display up months or years prior to the disease is analyzed.
- Development on the mind, dangerous (threatening) or noncancerous (favourable), may harm the cerebellum.
- Poisonous response. Ataxia is a potential characteristic of specific medications, particularly barbiturates, for instance, phenobarbital; narcotics, for example, benzodiazepines; and a few types of chemotherapy. They are important to distinguish, considering the fact that the impacts are frequently reversible.
Symptoms Associated with The Ataxia
Some of the most common signs and symptoms of ataxia can include:
- Slurring of speech
- Slow eye movements
- Poor coordination of hands, legs, and arms
- Poor balance includes clumsiness, an unsteady gait, and frequent falling
- Difficulty eating and swallowing
- Heart problems
- Difficulty in concentration
What Are the Tests to Diagnose Ataxia?
Your health care provider will look for the treatable causes if you have Ataxia. Apart from conducting a neurological and physical examination, they will also examine your vision, reflexes, balance, and coordination. You might get a request to do the following test:
- Blood tests– These will help to determine the treatable cause of the disease.
- Genetic testing-These will check whether a gene mutation causes one of the hereditary ataxic conditions.
- Lumbar puncture-In this test, your doctor will take a small portion of cerebrospinal fluid, which is then sent to a lab for testing.
- Imaging studies– An MRI might help to know the possible causes. These can show shrinkage of the cerebellum and other brain structures in people with Ataxia.
Kindly share the mentioned below reports for further test:
- MRI brain and spine
- Genetic testing
Stem Cell Treatment for Ataxia
Given that countless several years, we now have been establishing comprehensive originated cellular therapy protocols for ataxia to conquer the limits of standard therapies. In your methods, originated tissue is put together with specific treatments for ataxia which not only focus on improving the affected individual to handle their signs but additionally deal with the primary cause of the signs and symptoms by exciting the recovery in the mind/ spinal cord trauma. We think that the thorough treatment methodology for ataxia presents our people with the superlative likelihood of improvements, offering an improved standard of living. We originate mobile phone treatment method plan does apply to diversified kinds of ataxia such as SCA1, SCA2, SCA3, SCA6, AOA1, Friedreich ataxia, ataxia instigated by human brain trauma and more.
Stem Cell Implantation for Ataxia
The following listed are the different ways of performing the stem cell implantation process during the therapy:
- Intravenous administration
- Liberation angioplasty
- Intrathecal (lumber puncture)
- Surgical administration for stroke
- What is Ataxia?
Ataxia is a degenerative disease of the nervous system. People who are affected by these disorders may experience issues with using their hands and fingers. The symptoms of Ataxia, like stumbling, slurred speech, falling, and in coordination, is caused by damage to the cerebellum. It is the part of the brain that is responsible for coordinating movement. Complications from the disease are severe and often times debilitating.
- What causes Ataxia?
A defective gene makes abnormal proteins that cause nerve cell degeneration leading to Ataxia. As the disease progresses, muscles become less and less responsive to the commands of the brain. This causes balance and coordination to worsen.
- What are the symptoms of Ataxia?
Symptoms of Ataxia may vary depending on the type of Ataxia and how severe is the condition. However, the most common signs and symptoms are:
- Poor coordination of hands, arms, and legs
- Slurring of speech
- Wide-based gait (manner of walking)
- Balance and coordination problems (affected first
- Difficulty with writing and eating
- Slow eye movements
- Which part of the brain is most affected by Ataxia?
Ataxia usually results from damage to a part of the brain called the cerebellum, but it can also be caused by damage to other parts of the nervous system.
- How does Ataxia affect everyday life?
Ataxia signifies a loss of the ability to execute coordinated voluntary movements. This trouble can afflict the limbs, the trunk, the neck, the head, breathing, swallowing, language, the pharynx, the larynx, and other structures. These troubles evolve progressively. It is important to note that Ataxia materializes differently from one person to another and from one form of Ataxia to another.
Improvements Seen After the Stem Cell Therapy for Ataxia
Recent case studies on stem cell therapy for ataxia in India have shown significant improvements and remarkable results. This is the only promising treatment method that can help repair the lost motor neuron functions associated with brain damage.
The clinical effects of mesenchymal stem cells on patients suffering from ataxia include neuroprotection, neurotrophic effects, anti-inflammation, and the ability to stimulate neovasculature formation. Our previous patients have observed the following improvements:
- Reduction of fatigue
- Improved swallowing and eating practice
- Enhanced limb and muscle strength
- Improved hand functions
- Improved coordination and balance
- Good ambulation
- Better motor functions
Mechanism of Ataxia
Ataxia describes poor muscle control that causes uncoordinated voluntary movements. It usually results from damage to the area of the brain that commands muscle connection or coordination. Treatment of the disorder depends on the cause.
The stem cells have effective properties that can provide relief to patients suffering from Ataxia. Therefore, mesenchymal stem cells are used to treat this medical condition.
Statistics Of Overall Improvement of Ataxia Through Stem Cell Therapy
At Viezec Stem Cell Institute. We always ensure to maintain quality service and safety for our patients. We promise to assign only the most experienced specialist for your protection. Our hospital has the latest technologies for the treatment, and before using it, we make sure they aren’t infected. Furthermore, we are always here to give you international assistance around the globe at affordable pricing plans.
Treatment Results Of Ataxia at Viezec
We observe that patients who undergo stem cell therapy experience exceptional results. These treatment outcomes include:
- The balance and coordination of the patients were significantly better after the therapy.
- Better speech quality was noticed in the patients after the implantation of stem cells.
- Patients post-treatment also presented a satisfactory improvement in their motor skills.
- The limb and muscle strength of the patients were found to be significantly enhanced.
- Reduction in fatigue, tremors, and neuropathic pain was also confirmed in patients after treatment.
Ataxia Patient Stories
When I was diagnosed with Ataxia and was told that the only way to get better from the disease was extensive surgery, which I wasn’t willing to take. Then a relative of my parents told me about stem cell treatment in India.
I visited India with my sixty-three-year-old mother for her ataxia treatment, but before visiting there, I did some research and found the best stem cell care in India: Viezec Stem Cell Institute.
I am Afzal from Dubai, and I came to India to treat my condition Ataxia. At the age of twelve, I was diagnosed with the disorder. Over time I couldn’t walk, speak, and eat properly. Also, I was losing coordination of my legs, hands, and arms.
Hi, I am Ethan Wilson from the UK and visited India for stem cell therapy as I was suffering from Ataxia and needed a safe and effective treatment. Then I searched online for a hospital that offers therapy using stem cells and learned about Viezec Stem Cell Institute.
Follow-up Seen After the Stem Cell Therapy for Ataxia
Viezec is a leading stem cell treatment consulting offering Stem Cell treatment in India with abounding years of experience as well as expertise to deliver the overall quality of healthcare at a reasonable price. Improving the overall quality of human life by utilizing stem cell transplantation in Delhi is what Viezec strives for. Our organization was formed with the sole focus on providing an overall stem cell-based treatment to the ones who are suffering from genetic and degenerative diseases across the world.