Any damage to the spinal cord is termed as spinal cord injury. It’s a very serious condition which can lead to physical trauma that’s likely to have a lasting and major impact on most aspects of daily life. The spinal cord is responsible for sending messages from the brain to all parts of the body, and from the body to the brain. We are able to perceive pain and move our limbs because of the messages that travel across the spinal cord. The spinal cord injury stem cell therapy in India acts majorly as a treatment that can improve quality of life for the affected individuals.
If the spinal cord is injured, some or all of these impulses may not be able to survive. The result of which is complete loss of sensation and mobility below the injury. A spinal cord injury closer to the neck typically cause paralysis throughout a larger part of the body than one in the lower back area. Spinal cord stem cell treatment offers provision for a befitting treatment.
Spinal cord injury is the result of a direct trauma to the nerves or indirect damage to the bones and soft tissues and vessels surrounding the spinal cord. It results in loss of functions, such as mobility or sensations. In most people, having suffered from spinal cord injury, the spinal cord is not completely severed but either bruised or torn. Spinal cord injury is not the same as back injury, which may result from pinched nerves or ruptured disks. Even when a person sustains a break in a vertebra or vertebrae, there may not be any spinal cord injury if the spinal cord itself is not affected. You can seek promising solutions via ViezecMedicalHealthCare’s stem cell treatment for spinal cord in Delhi, India.
Spinal cord wounds may result from harm to the vertebrae, tendons or circles of the spinal section or to the spinal rope itself. Awful spinal rope damage may originate from an unexpected, horrendous hit to your spine that breaks, separates, squashes or packs at least one of your vertebrae. It might likewise result from a shot or blade wound that enters and cuts your spinal line.
Extra harm normally happens over days or weeks as a result of dying, growing, irritation and liquid aggregation in and around your spinal line. A non-traumatic spinal string damage might be brought about by joint pain, malignant growth, irritation, contaminations or plate degeneration of the spine.
Spinal cord injuries of any kind may result in one or more of the following signs and symptoms and must be catered by stem cell treatment for spinal cord in India:
- Loss of bowel or bladder control
- Changes in sexual function, sexual sensitivity and fertility
- Loss of sensation, including the ability to feel heat, cold and touch
- Exaggerated reflex activities or spasms
- Loss of movement
- Difficulty breathing, coughing or clearing secretions from your lungs
- Pain or an intense stinging sensation caused by damage to the nerve fibers in your spinal cord
Spinal cord injuries after an accident include the following:
- Loss of bladder or bowel control
- Difficulty with balance and walking
- Impaired breathing after injury
- An oddly positioned or twisted neck or back
- Weakness, paralysis in any part of your body
- Numbness, tingling or loss of sensation in your hands, fingers, feet or toes
Extreme back pain or pressure in your neck, head or back
A spinal cord injury requires immediate spinal cord stem cell treatment in order to address life-threatening complications and to decrease the risk of long-term problems. The tests include:
- Neurologic examinations
- CT scan or MRI of the spine
- Spine X-rays
Latest researches have revealed that MSCs can help repair and renew nerve cells, improving symptoms and prolonging lives. Steroids and other disease modifying drugs cannot cover all the symptoms and are aimed to manage only specific symptoms. Again, the concern of critical side effects of drugs is also there. With MSC treatment, there is no such concern.
In ViezecMedicalHealthCare, we use the unique technology of Mesenchymal stem cells extracted from Wharton’s jelly (WJ) for treating MS. WJ-MSCs offer cost-effective and pain-free collection method that may be cryogenic ally stored, and are extremely favorable for tissue engineering purpose. They might help in the three prominent ways – prevent damage, repair damage and develop new medicines. The treatment will take place in multiple steps comprising of:
- Qualification for the treatment: Our experts will investigate your past medical history and symptoms to assess the severity of your condition. A series of tests will be performed to understand the stage of disease. As per the test results, our experts will counsel the patient for further process of the procedure.
- Source Extraction: With guidance and approval from the physician, the source of extraction will be decided. In general, WJ-MSCs are the most potent allogenic sources available. Stem cells from a healthy person (the donor) are transferred to the patient’s body. A bone marrow donor is considered for allogenic stem cell transplantation. A scraping from the inside of the patient and his or her sibling’s cheek is tested to determine tissue type. An expert will examine to identity Human Leukocyte Antigens (HLAs). If the HLA on the donor cells are identical or similar, the transplant is more likely to be successful.
- Laboratory Processing: The extracted samples will be sent to government approved cGMP laboratory for processing. The sample manipulation will take place in a state-of- art facility in compliance with the ISO and GMP standards and using the latest technologies. The client will receive a third party certificate from internationally accredited lab for quality purpose.
- Stem Cell Implantation: Once the stem cells are ready to be implanted, the doctor will identify the most potent method of infusion based on the patient’s physical and mental well-being.
- Spinal cord Injury stem cell therapy in India Aftercare: The patients will be asked to visit the doctors for reclamation therapies such as physiotherapy, counselling, etc. for speedy recovery.
Implantation Of Stem Cells: The stem cell implantation can be done in the following ways.
- Intravenous administration
- Intrathecal (lumber puncture)
- Liberation angioplasty
- Surgical administration for stroke
- What is a neural structure injury?
Spinal Cord Injury is the result of a traumatic event that is accustomed with inflicting harm to the neural structure or nerve tracts that relays signals from brain to alternative elements of the body or body to the brain. As a result one may expertise in temporary or permanent loss of motor operations, sensory operations and involuntary operations. As per the National neural structure Injury Association is concerned, there exist 3 categories of neural tissue harm resulting in dysfunction, neuron death among the neural structure, Disruption of nerve pathways degenerative disorder, or destruction of the protecting insulation encompassing axons, that conduct nerve signals
- What causes neural structure injury?
The most common causes of neural structure injury would be motor accidents, serious fall, act of violence, sports injury and recreation accident, diseases like birth defect may also cause permanent injury to the neural structure.
- What is the distinction between paralysis & tetraplegia?
Paraplegia could be a term accustomed to describe the inability to maneuver and sense the lower a part of body from the waist down, whereas the term tetraplegia or paralysis includes loss of motor and/or sensory operations within the higher body, arms and hands.
- My friend has a similar level of injury as Pine Tree State however he has sensation in his legs and I don’t. Why would that be?
This could be a result of sensory and not motor operate. It is observed that below the medical specialty level it includes the sacral segments S4-S5, and no motor operate is preserved to quite 3 levels below the motor level on either facet of the body. So, he has sensation in his legs. All this is contingent on Complete or Incomplete Injury to the neural structure i.e. the quantity of movement and sensation that has been lost throughout the trauma. Understanding the extent of injury is best noted indicator of what to expect in recovery of operate from injury.
- Can neural structure Injury be cured?
The Central nervous system is the most advanced network of nerves within the body and is highly sensitive. Till date even the scientists haven’t completely found success in unraveling the mysteries of brain and its network, but the discovery of Stem Cells in a trendy science which holds promise in treating neural structure injuries. Somatic cell transplantation is directly aided into a skinned web site and results in generation of the latest nerve cells leading to a doable repair of axons and transmission of nerve signals. Conjointly it has been seen that the somatic cell transplantation given among few hours of SCI can cut back the harm by cathartic protecting substances like growth factors, and absorbing toxins like free radicals, once introduced into the neural structure shortly once injury and conjointly preventing the unfold of unwellness by reducing inflammation within the skinned space
The purpose of the spinal cord injury stem cell treatment is to encourage the healing of the original injury so as to reinstate neurological function. As a result, several varieties of improvement are possible after the befitting treatment and our former patients have experienced the following:
- Enhanced motor function
- Augmented sensation
- Reduced spasticity
- Reduced neuropathic pain
- Improved bladder & bowel function
- Better sweating function
Replacing the impaired, sickened or the lost neuron can be done via stem cell transplantation. The transplantation also has other practical roles via paracrine effects, including delivery of molecules, such as pro survival factors, angiogenic factors, growth factors, spinal cord stem-cell treatment also aids as a homing factors and cytokines that implement the following:
- controlling immune response;
- persuading the enzymatic breakdown to lessen swelling, scarring and the removal of cellular debris;
- preventing secondary injury by protecting neurons;
- encouraging regeneration of endogenous stem cells;
- angiogenesis with more blood supply that are necessary for optimum retrieval;
- augmenting wound healing;
Offering a cell-based electrical ‘relay’ between neurons above and beneath the injury, to ultimately amending the clinical worsening s.
We believe that there is hope all the time and that patients deserve access to effective and safe treatments. We are independent with an in-house medical subdivision. We combine internationally recognized hospitals, pioneering treatments, unique products and amenities that are integrative and effective to impart most advantageous treatment outcomes.
A total of 160 patients were observed and assessed with the spinal cord injury background. 52.3% of the patients showed clinical improvements, while better bladder functioning was perceived and observed in 36.7% of the patients, about 36.1% demonstrated better bowel functioning. Neurogenic and muscle spasm depicted improvement amid the patients with a proportion of 51.5% and 52.1% respectively. The Baclofen pump used for the treatment of spasm was ejected out from 2 patients, while the condition of 3 patients worsened as the pain returned. In 42 cases i.e. 27% of the total patients – ASIA score forms (finished pre and post treatment) could be collected. The mean score of the ASIA motor augmented noticeably with 5 points considering p < 0.001 and so did the sensory score amplified by greater than 11 points considering p < 0.001. However in 3 cases there were changes in the ASIA classification: ASIA-A (complete motor/sensory loss below SCI) to – B (complete motor loss) in 2 cases, and ASIA-C (major motor loss) to – D (minor motor loss) in 1 case. The finest thing about the study is that none of the patients exhibited any signs of deterioration.
Every patient gets an outsider authentication (broadly certify lab), for quality, amount of feasibility of cells.
The Staff at Viezec Medical Health Care will call you following one month, two months and a half year to see the improvement of the treatment. This encourages us refine our conventions to improve further. You can likewise require some other assistance on the off chance that required.