Cerebral Palsy is used to describe a series of chronic disorders which impairs the control of movement due to the damage to the developing brain. Cerebral palsy is mainly genetic because at times the brain malfunction, maternal infection and fever can affect the working of brain. Usually develops by age 2 or 3 and is a non-progressive brain disorder. The extent of damage does not continue to worsen over time but the symptoms due to the brain damage often change. Cerebral Palsy is one of the most common causes of chronic childhood disability. Cerebral palsy may affect hearing, learning, seeing, thinking problem occurs, before the child is born due to infection of brain or injuries caused to the brain or premature birth can also lead to the infections or bleeding. Stem cell treatment for cerebral Palsy in India have emerged as a great treatment for the kids suffering from this disorder.
The signs and symptoms that children suffering from cerebral palsy
- Lack of muscle coordination
- Stiff or tight muscles and exaggerated reflexes (spasticity)
- Weakness in arm and leg
- Walking on the toes, a crouched gait, or a “scissor” gait
- Difficulties swallowing or speaking
- Delays to reach motor skill milestones
- Help a person to movements such as writing or buttoning a shirt.
Different types of cerebral palsy
- Spastic Cerebral Palsy
- Ataxic Cerebral Palsy
- Mixed Type Cerebral Palsy
- Hemiplegia Cerebral Palsy
Cause of Cerebral Palsy
- Gene changes inside the brain’s cells which affect to developed the brain
- Unusual shape of brain development
- Damage the brain during the pregnancy due to infection or physical injury inside the body
- Premature birth complication due causes a shortage of oxygen to the brain
Cerebral Palsy Patient will observed benefit of stem cell therapy after treatment
Scientists are developing stem cell therapies for the replacement or repair of damaged tissues such as nerves, muscle and other parts of the body and regenerate the damage cell which helps to repair with the new cells. Adept research has been put into the working and functioning of stem cell therapies for cerebral palsy. The stem cell treatment for Cerebral Palsy in Delhi is at a very early stage of development. Cerebral Palsy is so difficult to treat since it often involves damage on altogether different levels and types of cells in the brain. Severely damaged cells can be lost completely.
Umbilical Cord tissue is a source of a number of stem cell types, including Mesenchymal stem cells (MSCs) healthcare experts have confirmed that MSCs are beneficial for treating patients for cerebral palsy disorders. Stem cell therapy help children with cerebral palsy by replacing injured nerve cells that can take over the function of the damaged areas of the brain.
- Slurring of speech, self-confidence, walking deficiency will get improvement
- Improvement in balance, posture and movement.
- Better co-ordination in the body parts
- Communication skill will improve
The Viezec Role during Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Viezec’s aim is to guide and support the patients with the best medical doctor with stem cell treatment for Cerebral Palsy in India, we have successfully treated over 200 patients with cerebral palsy. The patients who had reached a plateau stage, after human Mesenchymal stem cell derived from umbilical cord tissue (wharter N Jelly) therapy have shown improvements in the quality of life. Cerebral palsy patient get improvement in speech, balance, trunk activity, upper limb activity, lower limb activity, muscle tone and ambulation.
Treatment procedure of Cerebral Palsy in Children
Stem cell sources are required they are majorly:
- own cord blood
- donor cord blood from a donor cord blood bank
- bone marrow from the child or from a related or unrelated donor
The doctor then injects the stem cells into the child. The method incorporated will depend on the therapy center. The injection may be:
- Intravenous infusion into the bloodstream of child, or
- Into the space by a lumbar puncture surrounding the spinal cord
There is no confirmation to the fact that the stem cells will develop into neurons better known as stem cells. For a stem cell treatment for cerebral palsy in Delhi to be successful, several things may need to happen:
- The stem cells must develop into nerve cells
- The developed nerve cells have to transform and develop in an area where they can be effectively formed into effective and fruitful connections with other nerve cells.
- The nerve cells must be capable enough of making connections in a way that the cells deliver meaningful messages to the muscles and control the movement of messages.
- The stem cells may also work effectively by developing the support or helper cells which are imperative for the nerve cells to function effectively– this is an area of ongoing research
To make the treatment more effective, most centers are now offering the treatment which is also recommended by intensive physical therapy programs following the stem cell treatment. This makes it difficult to know whether or not improvements are made, it is the result of the stem cell treatment itself, or the intensive physical therapy, all these are the result of the child’s growth and development.